Thread: Is it really over???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is it really over???

this season certainly is BUT i just can't get past a few stats that many seem to ignore when they write off this team. we've lost 7 games by 28 points. yeah, we're losing on last second plays but we've been IN every game. The chargers look unbeatable right now. we crushed them earlier in the year. the vikings win was the result of some fortunate defense at the right time but hey - that's a win in the books. you disregard those two stumbles against chicago and cincy and we were rolling - all the way through the bye week and following it up with another crushing in denver. were we fooled then or are we being fooled now? is our team still a collection of SB champions or SB pretenders? i think a bunch of little things finally caught up with us and it snowballed so quickly that it was over before anyone realized what had happened. i think there's going to be a big chip on everyones shoulder when they report next july.

Clearly moving forward, we still need help with the o-line. i think we need someone besides troy in the secondary to make a play. i think we need aaron smith healthy and find someone who can step in when he gets hurt. i think we need to re-establish our running identity knowing that with ben, hines, santonio, heath, wallace etc we CAN throw whenever we need or want to. it sounds like a lot. i don't think it's really that much.

in the NFL you're never as great as you think you are or as bad as others say you are. Tomlin can turn this around next year. especially with another top 15 draft pick...
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Is it really over???

We aren't knocked out of the playoffs yet. Believe it or not, the odds aren't that unlikely. If this team plays like it is capable of for the next few games and we can get BAL to lay an egg against either CHI or OAK we CAN get in as a #6 seed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. It's a long shot but still very possible.. It ain't easy travelling to the west coast- Oakland. Ask Cincinnati.

It's all perception. We 're on a 5 games losing skid but yet we're 6-7 and we feel that the playoffs are out of reach, yet a team's fan base in like Jax or Miami are jumping at the possibility of making the playoffs as a real possibility. We have practically the same chance as those teams do. Jax has the Colts and NE yet. 8-8 is a real possibility for them. Don;t know about the Jets though..... It ain't over til it's over. If we lose on sunday- it's over for sure, though.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Agreed. It's a long shot but still very possible.. It ain't easy travelling to the west coast- Oakland. Ask Cincinnati.

It's all perception. We 're on a 5 games losing skid but yet we're 6-7 and we feel that the playoffs are out of reach, yet a team's fan base in like Jax or Miami are jumping at the possibility of making the playoffs as a real possibility. We have practically the same chance as those teams do. Jax has the Colts and NE yet. 8-8 is a real possibility for them. Don;t know about the Jets though..... It ain't over til it's over. If we lose on sunday- it's over for sure, though.

thats what im saying, some teams are jumping at the bit to be in the mix of the playoff race, we are pissed because of our situation, but the playoffs are not totally out of the question.....
    the jets have the falcons, colts and bungles......all games they could lose, hopefully the bengals beat the chargers this week, that way they keep playing until wk 17...
    the rats or broncos need to lose this weekend, would be great if they both lost because both will lose the following week too...
    the jags will lose the next two weeks also..
    gosh, how big is the browns loss, or raiders, or chiefs, if we would of won just one of those i think we are in,