Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Can Still Make the Playoffs....

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Can Still Make the Playoffs....

I figured somebody would post this, so I beat them to it.

While not mathematically eliminated, any sane fan understands you can stick a fork in this year's version of the Black and Gold.

So, let me amend the title of this thread:
    The Steelers Can Still Make the Playoffs NEXT Season!

Here's how.

First, dump Air-head Arians, Dullard LeBeau, and Leaky Ligashevsky.

Next, hire some hungry, innovative assistants who actually understand how to make adjustments based upon the personnel you can field and the situations the game dictates.

James Farrior is shown the door. Timmons can take his place, with Fox moving in for Timmons. Priority ought to be given to finding an up and coming ILB in the draft. It would be nice if we could find someone to push Woodley, but there are probably too many other needs to address that this offseason.

Gay is moved to nickle back. Clark is allowed to walk, Deshea is retired, and Carter is cut. Then, hopefully, we find a couple of DBs that can cover and maybe catch the ball once in awhile. Burnett and Lewis need to actually be given a chance. It would be great to pick up a shut-down corner, but I don't know if there will be any Darrell Revis's showing up when we draft. I wish we had a better #1 CB than Taylor. Maybe this is a place to make a big move in FA.

We have to get younger on the DL. We can no longer rely on Aaron Smith. Thank goodness we re-signed Keisel before the season. Fat Casey is likely departing, and it will be a serious challenge to replace him.

Looks like defense will be the focus of the changes, although I wish we could do more to address our OL. We need to be thinking about replacing Hartwig, and this could be a place for an upgrade. Colon is overrated; he should be let go if he demands big $. But then, we have a tackle to replace. Willie Parker is likely gone.

Tomlin should insist that Ben work all summer with a QB coach who can help him with his decision-making. Since there wasn't improvement in that area this season, maybe a new QB coach would be in order.

Spaeth should be gone. Find a second tight end who can block if you're going to run this offense.

Jeff Reed should be gone, too.

We need to find a couple of ST demons somewhere.

Just a few things for my Christmas wish list.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Can Still Make the Playoffs....

That's a lot of turnover, while most of it warranted.

An entire team makeover like that usually doesn't bode well in the short term. But I agree, looking further down the road, this all needs to happen!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    I figured somebody would post this, so I beat them to it.

While not mathematically eliminated, any sane fan understands you can stick a fork in this year's version of the Black and Gold.

So, let me amend the title of this thread:
    The Steelers Can Still Make the Playoffs NEXT Season!

Here's how.

First, dump Air-head Arians, Dullard LeBeau, and Leaky Ligashevsky.

Next, hire some hungry, innovative assistants who actually understand how to make adjustments based upon the personnel you can field and the situations the game dictates.

James Farrior is shown the door. Timmons can take his place, with Fox moving in for Timmons. Priority ought to be given to finding an up and coming ILB in the draft. It would be nice if we could find someone to push Woodley, but there are probably too many other needs to address that this offseason.

Gay is moved to nickle back. Clark is allowed to walk, Deshea is retired, and Carter is cut. Then, hopefully, we find a couple of DBs that can cover and maybe catch the ball once in awhile. Burnett and Lewis need to actually be given a chance. It would be great to pick up a shut-down corner, but I don't know if there will be any Darrell Revis's showing up when we draft. I wish we had a better #1 CB than Taylor. Maybe this is a place to make a big move in FA.

We have to get younger on the DL. We can no longer rely on Aaron Smith. Thank goodness we re-signed Keisel before the season. Fat Casey is likely departing, and it will be a serious challenge to replace him.

Looks like defense will be the focus of the changes, although I wish we could do more to address our OL. We need to be thinking about replacing Hartwig, and this could be a place for an upgrade. Colon is overrated; he should be let go if he demands big $. But then, we have a tackle to replace. Willie Parker is likely gone.

Tomlin should insist that Ben work all summer with a QB coach who can help him with his decision-making. Since there wasn't improvement in that area this season, maybe a new QB coach would be in order.

Spaeth should be gone. Find a second tight end who can block if you're going to run this offense.

Jeff Reed should be gone, too.

We need to find a couple of ST demons somewhere.

Just a few things for my Christmas wish list.
    Look like Woodly is the only defender that has showed upi the last month.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i agree with alot...

we have the " nothing to be ashamed of " goodbye list
    -farrior, townsend, hampton (to a degree)

the thanks for your time but we will move on without you list
    -clark, kirscke, eason

the I still cant believe your on the team, make a splash somewhere else list
    -spaeth

the something is burning list which is being lit under certain players arses
    -timmons, ike

wipeout the entire coaching staff with the excpetion of perhaps Lebeau (he has earned another shot)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i agree with alot...

-clark, kirscke, eason

-spaeth, Tcarter!

-timmons, ike

wipeout the entire coaching staff with the excpetion of perhaps Lebeau (he has earned another shot)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Cutting Farrior would be a huge cap hit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    I think Cutting Farrior would be a huge cap hit.
    Eff it...I'll pitch in $5 or $10 to help cover the cost of the cap hit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i agree with alot...

-clark, kirscke, eason

-spaeth, Tcarter!

-timmons, ike

i cant believe i forgot t carter...how could I, he plays so well and he dances so nice after he makes a play once a game....how bout when he was barking at vickers after he had a 5 yard run, i was like, my goodness we cant stop anyone but we can talk...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah...I was waiting for a flag on him on that play. He just screams 15 yd penalty anytime his hands are waving after a play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

he is a definite loser and if our coaches cannot coach tackling, catching and covering, than could they at least do something about the taunting that goes on, I know it works both ways, but we flirt with unsportsmanlike taunting penalties with every incomplete pass....