Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Steelers Playoff Chances

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Steelers Playoff Chances

    From what I see, if we win out we need EITHER ...

    JAX to lose 2 games (remaining ... MIA, IND, @NE, @CLE)

    OR

    DEN to lose 2 games (remaining ... @IND, OAK, @PHI, KC)

    In the process of winning out, we would finish ahead of BAL and MIA, both of whom we play.

    I think JAX losing two is the most likely scenario given that they have three tough games left. We actually need to be rooting for CIN over MIN as well as SD over DAL as that would keep IND motivated against JAX to secure home field.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    I'll root for SD, but it would be very hard to root for the Bungals. But, if it means, meeting (beating) them in the playoffs, then here it goes...GO BUNGALS!!!

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    SD and Cincy haven't clinched a playoff spot. I'm rooting for them to each lose the next 4 as well. That could be another playoff spot for us.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    all we need to worry about is 3 teams
    -jets to lose one
    -broncos OR jaguars to lose 2

    if we win out and the above happens, we are in....

    the darkhorse in this story is that we need indy to keep winning because they have the broncos, jags and jets in consecutive weeks, if they win 2 more games regardless of what cincy/sd do, than they have the afc clinched, but lets hope they want an undefeated season, because right now they are the hardest game for the jets and if they play the jets with scrubs than we may be in trouble......

    another good situation although it is a total long shot is that bengals have sd, minn, kc and nyj left, if they lose all 4 and we win out than we win the division,

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    all we need to worry about is 3 teams
    -jets to lose one
    -broncos OR jaguars to lose 2

    if we win out and the above happens, we are in....

    the darkhorse in this story is that we need indy to keep winning because they have the broncos, jags and jets in consecutive weeks, if they win 2 more games regardless of what cincy/sd do, than they have the afc clinched, but lets hope they want an undefeated season, because right now they are the hardest game for the jets and if they play the jets with scrubs than we may be in trouble......

    another good situation although it is a total long shot is that bengals have sd, minn, kc and nyj left, if they lose all 4 and we win out than we win the division,
    Assuming all 8 games are at about 50-50, the odds of us winning 4 and the Bengals losing all four is about 1 in 256 (about 0.4%). Even at 75-25, the odds of all 8 aren't good (about 10%)

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I'll root for SD, but it would be very hard to root for the Bungals. But, if it means, meeting (beating) them in the playoffs, then here it goes...GO BUNGALS!!!
    We absolutely need to be rooting for the Bengals. Actually, more specifically, we need to be rooting for the Chargers and Bengals to get caught up in a race for the 1st round bye. CIN plays NYJ in the last regular season game. We want CIN motivated for that game. The Bengals losing 4 in a row would be nice, but let's go with the probabilities.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Yeah, we better hope that Caldwell doesn't sit Peyton a whole bunch this last month, because they just put long-time backup QB Jim Sorgi on I.R. yesterday. Right now, the only backup to Peyton their active roster is rookie Curtis Painter from Purdue.
    Forced patriotism is an oxymoron.

    A government leader proclaiming that citizens have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or else they shouldn't be in the country sounds more like a mandated decree from a totalitarian dictator like Kim Jong Un rather than the leader of the Free World.

    Our ability to peacefully protest is a fundamental American right, and any attempt by our government to squash this freedom is what is truly dishonoring the liberty that our Star Spangled Banner symbolizes.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Yeah, we better hope that Caldwell doesn't sit Peyton a whole bunch this last month, because they just put long-time backup QB Jim Sorgi on I.R. yesterday. Right now, the only backup to Peyton their active roster is rookie Curtis Painter from Purdue.

    exactly, we need to be cheering for the colts over the next 3 weeks as if they were the steelers,
    big games against the broncos, jags and jets, they basically hold the other half of our playoff fate..

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    We absolutely need to be rooting for the Bengals.
    Fine, but only because you say so...

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers Playoff Chances

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    We absolutely need to be rooting for the Bengals.
    Fine, but only because you say so...
    Yeah, we all know that it is gonna be a tougher thing for YOU to do than anybody, but please, make yourself root for the Bengals.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •