Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes......

Starter

User Info Menu

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes......

Looks like Tomlin is going to change things up not only schematically but from a personnel standpoint.

Obviously either Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis will start in William Gay's spot, but the other may take Ike's spot as well.

Other changes, according to the PC, you might see are Ziggy Hood at Left DE. Keyaron Fox at ILB with Timmons playing only in a Nickle role. Mundy taking one of the two safty positions, even though his game was all that great either. Trai Essex may move to RG and biggest of all is Limas Sweed will see considerable amount of playing time with Mike Wallace getting the start. They might re-sign Shaun McDonald to add depth to the WR corp.

All I can say is its about time. Hold the players accountable Coach! Leave no doubt!
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes......

Trai Essex has been the RG all season...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

That is what Mr. Douchette reported. Maybe he meant moving him to LG to replace Ramon Foster?

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."

Legend

User Info Menu

The change I want to see is away from a 3-4 that doesn't work to a 4-3 defense that better fits our personnel
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    That is what Mr. Douchette reported. Maybe he meant moving him to LG to replace Ramon Foster?
    Kemoeatu started at LG in this game against the Raiders.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The change I want to see is away from a 3-4 that doesn't work to a 4-3 defense that better fits our personnel
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 3-4 was fine through 3 quarters (held them to a couple of FG's). Then in the 4th, the other team stops trying to run, we try to defend the pass with glorified prevent cover 2 defense, and the D gets shredded. In all of these games where teams are coming back against us, it is not our regular base defensive formation that it letting us down.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Maybe Foster will start in place of Kemo since we ran better with him in the lineup against the Ravens than we did with Kemo against the Raiders.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH! Quit it! (Kidding)

Like I said, this is what Douchey stated in his video review of today's PC pn the Post Gazette web site. What he meant by it, who the hell knows? But he did say it.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Backup

User Info Menu

Looks like Tomlin is going to change things up not only schematically but from a personnel standpoint.

Obviously either Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis will start in William Gay's spot, but the other may take Ike's spot as well.

This sounds good to me. Worth a shot.

Other changes, according to the PC, you might see are Ziggy Hood at Left DE.

Cool

Keyaron Fox at ILB with Timmons playing only in a Nickle role.

Wow, this would be a surprise. I wonder if the thought is to groom Fox as a replacement for Farrior without taking an experienced player off the field...

Mundy taking one of the two safty positions, even though his game was all that great either.

I guess they have confidence in a young guy. He's got more upside than Ty Carter, but I'd prefer to keep Ryan Clark in.

Trai Essex may move to RG

He is the RG... I wonder what they mean by this

Limas Sweed will see considerable amount of playing time with Mike Wallace getting the start. They might re-sign Shaun McDonald to add depth to the WR corp.

Wow. I definitely want to see what we've got in Sweed, and the Browns are going to be his best chance to shine. I want to see him get in a rhythm and see how he produces. I hope he surprises us all.

All I can say is its about time. Hold the players accountable Coach! Leave no doubt!
    $$$. Let's get the best players on the field, some young guys hungry to win. If we get them in and give it our all, I don't doubt that we can win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The 3-4 was fine through 3 quarters (held them to a couple of FG's). Then in the 4th, the other team stops trying to run, we try to defend the pass with glorified prevent cover 2 defense, and the D gets shredded. In all of these games where teams are coming back against us, it is not our regular base defensive formation that it letting us down.
    We didn't stop playing the 3-4 in the 4th Quarter of any game and switch to a 4-3. It has been our 3-4 defense that has been routinely getting their butts kicked late in games. Same personnel, same scheme. We play variations of the Cover 2 all game long.

If LeBeau is not making adjustments then shame on him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"