Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please explain to me...

Rookie

User Info Menu

please explain to me...

...why everybody gets so excited about the "lesser" teams beating the steelers. folks, the steelers ARE a lesser team. not even mediocre. pathetic. nuf said.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: please explain to me...

how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........than
    lose to the chiefs and raiders and look terrible against the lions and browns...

i dont know what it is, but i think everyone should be accountable..

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i dont know what it is, but i think everyone should be accountable..
    I'm accountable.

But I'm not stepping down from my position as fan/message board guru.

They'll just have to fire me. Thak God my contract is guaranteed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saxtonsteeler
    ...why everybody gets so excited about the "lesser" teams beating the steelers. folks, the steelers ARE a lesser team. not even mediocre. pathetic. nuf said.
    because they shoudnt be a lesser team. they have to much talent to play this poorly. teams like the chiefs and raiders dont have half the talent on their roster's

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    because they shoudnt be a lesser team. they have to much talent to play this poorly. teams like the chiefs and raiders dont have half the talent on their roster's
    $$$

That's why I'm so furious at this team.

If we had the Browns roster (thank god we don't!), we'd lose and it would be understandable. Some teams just don't have all the pieces.

We do, but we still find ways to lose! It is positively infuriating!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    $$$

That's why I'm so furious at this team.

If we had the Browns roster (thank god we don't!), we'd lose and it would be understandable. Some teams just don't have all the pieces.

We do, but we still find ways to lose! It is positively infuriating!
    i dont expect a super bowl every season but i expect the steelers to play up to expectations. its one thing losing close games to good teams. losing to the worst teams in the nfl in close games is pathetic.

Starter

User Info Menu

how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........
    It's simple,.. the Chargers were dealing injuries that had them playing horribly up front at the time, and we had a good day running the ball. If i'm not mistaken they still were able to put up points on us though.

In terms of the Vikings,...we did not deserve to win that Game. Our offense was as pedestrian as it most often is and the Vikings would have put the game away had the Refs not "jobbed" them.

As far as the Bronco's,..they just seemed as if they were in awe. Poor tackling, fatigue and most importantly,...Kyle Orton will always be Kyle Orton if any unit plays any form of quality defense.

Bottom line we are not a "Great" and or "Dominant" team. In fact, as i have already stated in the past,....welcome to the dawn of our 8O's mediocrity at the hands of Mike Tomlin and his "Gritz" players. (Similar to the way Gruden destroyed the Buc's that Dungy and his staff brought to prominence.)
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    how do we beat the chargers, vikings and broncos........
    It's simple,.. the Chargers were dealing injuries that had them playing horribly up front at the time we had a good day running the ball. If i'm not mistaken they still were able to put up points on us though.

In terms of the Vikings,...we did not deserve to win that Game. Our offense was as pedestrian as it most often is and the Vikings would have put the game away had the Refs not "jobbed" them.

As far as the Bronco's,..they just seemed as if they were in awe. Poor tackling, fatigue and most importantly,...Kyle Orton will always be Kyle Orton if any unit plays any form of quality defense.

Bottom line we are not a "Great" and or "Dominant" team. In fact, as i have already stated in the past,....welcome to the dawn of our 8O's mediocrity at the hands of Mike Tomlin and his "Gritz" players. (Similar to the way Gruden destroyed the Buc's that Dungy and his staff brought to prominence.)
    gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity? little soon for that kind of talk, it's one bad season. as i recall the steelers also stunk in 2006

Starter

User Info Menu

gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity?
    [/quote]

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    gruden won a sb haha. 80's mediocrity?

That would be the mediocrity that we suffered through in the 80's. And Gruden won a Superbowl with a team that OTHER'S built. When that team came to truthfully reflect his (Gruden's) personal philosophy in terms of personnel and strategic acumen,....they returned to being the bottom feeders that they were prior to Dungy's arrival.[/quote]

For what it's worth, the Bucs played the Raiders in that Super Bowl, which was a team put together by Gruden.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.