Thread: Curious

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Curious

Why is Ben still active for this game and ready for emergency duty?

If he can't go, he can't go. If you're willing to risk contact in any situation, then you need to strap it on and get out there. Part of me is glad he is there if we truly need him, but another part of me is like

In searching for the silver linings, we do get a chance to see what we have in Dixon, if the team is capable of relying on the running game, and if this team can collectively pick up their game.

This is just not the best game to try it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Curious

There is no downfall to having Ben as the designated emergency QB. The 3rd QB does not count among the 45 active players, so suiting him up is not taking away a spot from someone else. The only way it makes a difference is if both Dixon and Palko somehow get hurt, then Ben is a better option than throwing Hines back there at QB without being in a QB meeting since he was back at Georgia over a decade ago.

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Curious

In searching for the silver linings, we do get a chance to see what we have in Dixon, if the team is capable of relying on the running game, and if this team can collectively pick up their game.

This is just not the best game to try it.
    Couldn't agree more, but strangley I have a good feeling about this game. Dixon was really something specialat Oregon before he was injured. His arm is live and his legs/speed is tormenting to defenses.