Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowher contacted by Bills

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher contacted by Bills

Caught the tail end of the piece on NFL Network, but said Cowher would not be interested until the end of the season if he is even interested at all and the deal could be worth 10 million a year.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Cowher contacted by Bills

So what's worse?? Constantly losing Super Bowls or constantly losing AFCCGs??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's a story on this at espn.com. Cowher turned 'em down. He's either just not interested in coaching again right now or perhaps wants to see how Carolina shakes out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm hearing rumors of Cowher being interested in either Chicago or Houston. Which makes sense, since those situations are better than Buffalo.

Plus I really doubt Ralph Wilson will pony up $10 Mil a year for anyone...

Legend

User Info Menu

Out of all the teams out there, I think the best fit for him would be:

1. SD
    2. Dallas
    3. Atlanta
    4. Houston
    5. Philly
    6. Carolina.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Bill Cowher is a smart guy (and I think he is) - he'll wait until after the CBA is finished.

No point coming on to a team during a lock-out - and if a new CBA favors a team like Dallas or Washington (or any team that has the capacity and desire to spend "as much money as it takes") - that could certainly sway his opinion as in which direction to go.

I still maintain that Cowher would be most effective in college football - the pay could be competitive - and it just seems like it would be his kind of football - he seems to excel with younger players, and rebuilding teams - and I think his emotional style would set a campus on fire.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull
    If Bill Cowher is a smart guy (and I think he is) - he'll wait until after the CBA is finished.

No point coming on to a team during a lock-out - and if a new CBA favors a team like Dallas or Washington (or any team that has the capacity and desire to spend "as much money as it takes") - that could certainly sway his opinion as in which direction to go.

I still maintain that Cowher would be most effective in college football - the pay could be competitive - and it just seems like it would be his kind of football - he seems to excel with younger players, and rebuilding teams - and I think his emotional style would set a campus on fire.

L.B.
    Interesting...people assume that he is waiting for the Carolina Panthers job to open. Maybe he is waiting for JoePa to retire instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

L.B.
    He might be a good college coach but I don't know if he would be a good recruiter. That's probably the most important job of a college coach. Can you picture "The Chin" sitting in a recruits kitchen getting all worked up selling his program and spitting all over the Mom and Dad?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

L.B.
    He might be a good college coach but I don't know if he would be a good recruiter. That's probably the most important job of a college coach. Can you picture "The Chin" sitting in a recruits kitchen getting all worked up selling his program and spitting all over the Mom and Dad?
    Cowher: "What's for dinner? SSPPaghetti and SSPPinach? SSPPectacular!"

Recruit: "Eat up, coach. All you want. I suddenly lost my appetite."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could see BC's enthusiasm being a plus in the living room. As a parent, I would certainly appreciate his no BS approach.