Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super. Bowl. Hangover.

Re: Super. Bowl. Hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    I love the SB hangover excuse. I don't believe anyone thought that two weeks ago. There is still plenty of football to be played.
    I've posted about the Super Bowl hangover throughout this season. It wasn't something I just came up with.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    How do you know he has no sense of urgency?

His job depends on him having a sense of urgency.

Is he supposed to run around like a maniac simply to placate the fans, who undoubtedly would criticize him for his lack of composure?
    He doesn't need to "run around like a maniac," but he DOES need to tend to underachieving, sloppy play by players and inept play-calling and coaching by coaches. That may include sitting players, suspending them, fining them, reigning in coaches, getting more involved in offensive and defensive game-planning and even in ST coaching. What evidence have we seen that Tomlin has done ANY of this, other than benching Mendy for one game because of a poor practice?

Why didn't he fine/bench Skippy after his public embarrassment last month?
    Why didn't he deal with Woodley and his woeful underachieving the first two months of this season?
    Why the heck is Bruce Arians still allowed to call bonehead calls like a sweep with Moore on 3rd and 2?
    There's blame enough to go around for almost everyone, but the buck has to stop with Tomlin. This season, he's done a crappy job.
    He benched Holmes for a game last season too.

Why should a guy lose his job so Skippy can be benched? Cuz that's the only way to do it. If Skippy is benched and we bring in another kicker for one game it means someone has to be cut...and they lose their livelihood. Why? I suppose he could have fined him but he probably felt that wouldn't have accomplished anything. Maybe he doesn't want to resign Skippy and he's letting him hang himself with his own rope?

Woodley was being dropped back into pass coverage an awful lot earlier in the season. He still is, but not as much as he was earlier.

BA...you got me on that one.

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1lnx4h53

Is he supposed to run around like a maniac simply to placate the fans, who undoubtedly would criticize him for his lack of composure?
    He doesn't need to "run around like a maniac," but he DOES need to tend to underachieving, sloppy play by players and inept play-calling and coaching by coaches. That may include sitting players, suspending them, fining them, reigning in coaches, getting more involved in offensive and defensive game-planning and even in ST coaching. What evidence have we seen that Tomlin has done ANY of this, other than benching Mendy for one game because of a poor practice?

Why didn't he deal with Woodley and his woeful underachieving the first two months of this season?
    Why the heck is Bruce Arians still allowed to call bonehead calls like a sweep with Moore on 3rd and 2?
    There's blame enough to go around for almost everyone, but the buck has to stop with Tomlin. This season, he's done a crappy job.

Why should a guy lose his job so Skippy can be benched? Cuz that's the only way to do it. If Skippy is benched and we bring in another kicker for one game it means someone has to be cut...and they lose their livelihood. Why? I suppose he could have fined him but he probably felt that wouldn't have accomplished anything. Maybe he doesn't want to resign Skippy and he's letting him hang himself with his own rope?

Woodley was being dropped back into pass coverage an awful lot earlier in the season. He still is, but not as much as he was earlier.

BA...you got me on that one. [/quote:1lnx4h53]

Woodley was NOT being dropped into coverage as much as his apologists were saying.
    I checked it out over a couple of those games. That was exaggerated. He was just playing poorly.

Why couldn't he have sat Skippy for kickoffs for one game, and let Sepulveda try it?
    He certainly would make a better effort at tackling the KR than Reed did. And yeah, FINE Reed for his childish, selfish drunken episode. It isn't like it was the first time it happened.

Legend

[quote=BradshawsHairdresser]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1kha9br6

BA...you got me on that one.
    Woodley was NOT being dropped into coverage as much as his apologists were saying.
    I checked it out over a couple of those games. That was exaggerated. He was just playing poorly.

Why couldn't he have sat Skippy for kickoffs for one game, and let Sepulveda try it?
    He certainly would make a better effort at tackling the KR than Reed did. And yeah, FINE Reed for his childish, selfish drunken episode. It isn't like it was the first time it happened.[/quote:1kha9br6]

I guess we'll just have to disagree then. I've watched some of our games multiple times and he was being used differently.

How do you know Sep can kick off well enough? What if his kick offs in practice are inaccurate and going out of bounds constantly? Or are line drives with no hang time? Maybe his bad knee is not worth risking on double duty?

feelthesteel

How do you explain a kickoff for a TD on the first play
    after we said we were addressing it? ALL WEEK-What did they go to the movies?

????????????????

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by feelthesteel
    How do you explain a kickoff for a TD on the first play
    after we said we were addressing it? ALL WEEK-What did they go to the movies?

????????????????
    Have you accomplished everything you ever set out to do?

feelthesteel

i dont make NFL Head coach money.

Legend

i dont make NFL Head coach money.
    So what a person earns dictates the level of perfection expected?

feelthesteel

who said perfection
    First play a TD?
    thats like telling a little kid no chewing gum in class
    and the next day he blows a big bubble in your face.

come on
    where do you draw the line.

Legend

who said perfection
    First play a TD?
    thats like telling a little kid no chewing gum in class
    and the next day he blows a big bubble in your face.

come on
    where do you draw the line.
    It's not like flipping a switch dude. If it was we'd all be competing for a HC job in the NFL.