Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 56 points now.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

56 points now.....

That we have given up on turnovers/kicks. Unbelievable.

On top of that, all the off-season reports of our team having a soft training camp are looking legit. This team has all the hallmarks of one that is ill-prepared and ill-disciplined. This is no way to play in a season and definitely not a way to play when you're trying to win a 7th Superbowl.

Tomlin has got to do something, because this is downright embarrassing and inexcusable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: 56 points now.....

SLOP

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

On top of that, all the off-season reports of our team having a soft training camp are looking legit. This team has all the hallmarks of one that is ill-prepared and ill-disciplined. This is no way to play in a season and definitely not a way to play when you're trying to win a 7th Superbowl.

Tomlin has got to do something, because this is downright embarrassing and inexcusable.
    Did they look legit on the 5 game winning streak?

Backup

User Info Menu

F'N PATHETIC!
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Yes....even when we were winning, we were having problems. Where were you when we were complaining about all the penalties, turnovers, weak 4th-quarter D, and inability to finish teams off?

True Fan

Yes....even when we were winning, we were having problems. Where were you when we were complaining about all the penalties, turnovers, weak 4th-quarter D, and inability to finish teams off?

he was busy ironing his cheerleader skirt

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by True Fan

he was busy ironing his cheerleader skirt
    Didn't ask your opinion on this either, troll.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was here.

My point is in Tomlin's first season we limped into the playoffs because training camp was "too hard".

Now this season it was "too soft".

What is this, Goldilocks and the 3 bears?

I'm just saying I don't think training camp has anything to do with it. It appears to be a culmination of injuries and sloppy play.

Injuries can't be corrected, but sloppy play can.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":33m4i2y3

I was here.

My point is in Tomlin's first season we limped into the playoffs because training camp was "too hard".

Now this season it was "too soft".

What is this, Goldilocks and the 3 bears?

I'm just saying I don't think training camp has anything to do with it. It appears to be a culmination of injuries and sloppy play.

Injuries can't be corrected, but sloppy play can.[/quote:33m4i2y3]

Then why isn't Tomlin doing anything to correct it? If I had to use one word to characterize the play of the Steelers overall this season, it might be "sloppy."
    A few series, or a game, you might put only on the players. But when we see it game after game for the whole season, you rightly begin to wonder whether the HC is taking care of business.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can understand where you would wonder, but I find it difficult to believe he's not trying to do anything about it.

Perhaps what he's trying simply isn't working and he needs to find a different way?