Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Single biggest thing I do miss about the Cowher era...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Single biggest thing I do miss about the Cowher era...

Is the ability to impose our will over a team by smashing it down their throats...

We had the ball for over 20 minutes in the first half and are up by 10.

In the Cowher era it would've been 3-4 yards and cloud of dust. He simply would've tired to wear down the Defensive side of the ball so that by 4th Quarter there would be nothing left in the tank.

Does that mean I want to go back to his overly conservative gameplan? no, but in some cases when you have owned the first half like they did a more brutal form of game as opposed to finesse has it's merits.

just saying today would've been a good day to see us smash it right down the Cheifs throats.

It just doesn't look by either schematics, coaching or personnel that this team can be a dominant run blocking team.

On a side note...do you think the injury to Keamotu may have led to the abandonment of the run game? I believe he is there best run blocker.

brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: The Single biggest thing I do miss about the Cowher era...

ramon foster did a very nice job replacing the dragon from i could tell.

this kid can play.

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't have that kind of team anymore. Bettis is long retired.

And yes I do believe the loss of Kemo had an effect on the running game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I know that is why I said I miss it

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    Is the ability to impose our will over a team by smashing it down their throats...

In the Cowher era it would've been 3-4 yards and cloud of dust. He simply would've tired to wear down the Defensive side of the ball so that by 4th Quarter there would be nothing left in the tank.

Does that mean I want to go back to his overly conservative gameplan? no, but in some cases when you have owned the first half like they did a more brutal form of game as opposed to finesse has it's merits.

just saying today would've been a good day to see us smash it right down the Cheifs throats.

It just doesn't look by either schematics, coaching or personnel that this team can be a dominant run blocking team.

On a side note...do you think the injury to Keamotu may have led to the abandonment of the run game? I believe he is there best run blocker.

brothervad
    They attempted to run the ball against the Chiefs. They did not have much success. They appeared to have more success passing.

Lots of fans complained about things in the Cowher era. Cowher's teams had these kinds of losses too.

I believe the answer for this team is to cut down on the game changing mistakes. They made game changing mistakes on special teams, offense, and defense. They need to clean up those mistakes on the field.

feelthesteel

TORCHED time and time again
    why is other teams seem to get to Ben more then our D gets their QB
    My wife always brings up that point.
    I tell her because he holds the ball longer
    but truth is our D doesnt get the same pressure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I know that is why I said I miss it

brothervad
    Just making sure.

Btw, feelthesteel, we were 5th in the league with 25 sacks going in...and got 5 more today. We get a lot of pressure, but it's not possible to get pressure on every play. The Chiefs O line is being paid to play too.

feelthesteel

I heard Harrisons name but Woodley once i think
    i do miss AARON SMITH though

i think Hood is moving up n Eason played ok
    Bens second most sacked QB in NFL
    How long will that last.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL

brothervad
    They attempted to run the ball against the Chiefs. They did not have much success. They appeared to have more success passing.

Lots of fans complained about things in the Cowher era. Cowher's teams had these kinds of losses too.

I believe the answer for this team is to cut down on the game changing mistakes. They made game changing mistakes on special teams, offense, and defense. They need to clean up those mistakes on the field.
    $$

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feelthesteel
    TORCHED time and time again
    why is other teams seem to get to Ben more then our D gets their QB
    My wife always brings up that point.
    I tell her because he holds the ball longer
    but truth is our D doesnt get the same pressure.
    the D gets pressure... they just try to be too cute on occasion. this was fine when we had guys that couldn't get to the QB consistently.... we dont have that problem anymore

send your best, and make them stop you

our D would have a field day vs. our OL...position wise, its
    the only unit that isn't clearly above average on the team