Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Special teams move...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Special teams move...

Interesting that the two most recent practice squad additions both spent training camp in Philly this year (after adding Bright a few weeks ago and now Gatewood).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Special teams move...

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY][quote=RuthlessBurgher][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY"sr2rpmd]Alright...Who we putting on the PS? I don't want to see a familiar face.[/quote]

Hopefully a developmental d-line prospect. With Smith and Kirschke out, we could probably use another body in the trenches in practice.[/quote]

I agree. Possible a LB. Everette Pedescleaux was released by the Broncos and the put on
    this mysterious IR/PS designation. It would have been nice if he was on the streets. Anyone know of a good place to find the 2009 draft class free agents available?

Here are some names I came up with (Not 100% sure if they are still available) on NFL.com out of the 2009 draft class:

DL
    Nader Abdallah
    Wil Johnson
    Terrance Taylor

LB
    Antonio Appleby
    Robert Francois
    Frantz Joseph (Playing in Canada)

Never mind....We signed Curtis Gatewood OLB.
    [url="http://www.nfl.com/players/curtisgatewood/profile?id=GAT206680"]http://www.nfl.com/players/curtisgatewo ... =GAT206680[/url][/quotesr2rpmd]

I liked both Johnson and Taylor as late picks. Wish we would have grabbed one.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"