Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pathetic

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by True Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Offense - TOTAL F. 4 times they were at the 11 or closer and could not find a way to get a TD. One of the worst offensive displays in many years.

What a disappointment. With the division on the line they laid that stink bomb. How do they go from the 2nd half in Denver to a game of complete ineptitude. Beyond terrible.
    tomlin
    Tomlin wasn't the coach in the 2nd half at Denver? Now I'm confused...
    Tomlin was on the field yesterday for both teams. He dropped a pass in the end zone,
    missed a tackle on a kick off return, and I think he sneaked in there for Cincinnati and
    knocked down a few passes.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    gut?less
    –adjective Informal.
    lacking courage, fortitude, or determination.

That pretty much sums it up. A division rival came into our house and showed the courage, fortitude, and determination to place themselves ahead of us in the divisional race, the first race of any importance.

Or I could take your side of the argument. What courage, fortitude, or determination did you see on the field?
    I don't see how you could call our performance gutless and say the Bengals showed courage, fortitude, and determination when both teams essentially played the same game except for one special teams play.

Both QB's had below-average games for their standards...each had more problems with accuracy than normal. Both running games were sub-standard as well. Averages in the neighborhood of 3 ypc with long runs of 9-10 yards on either side of the ball. Both defenses held the opposition out of the end zone, with each offense settling for 4 FG a piece. If not for that one awful runback that decided the game, then we would have been looking at an uninspired 12-12 tie. How does that make one team gutless and the other showing courage, fortitude, and determination?

We expect the Bengals to struggle against our defense. We do not expect to see our offense kick field goals instead of scoring touchdowns inside of the 15 yard line, especially with the division title likely on the line at home. It just seems like they didn't want it bad enough. With the way that Indy and the ***'s are looking this year it is going to be a daunting task to go through this post-season on the road without a bye week and possibly not a single home playoff game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Offense - TOTAL F. 4 times they were at the 11 or closer and could not find a way to get a TD. One of the worst offensive displays in many years.

What a disappointment. With the division on the line they laid that stink bomb. How do they go from the 2nd half in Denver to a game of complete ineptitude. Beyond terrible.
    tomlin
    Tomlin was on the field yesterday for both teams. He dropped a pass in the end zone,
    missed a tackle on a kick off return, and I think he sneaked in there for Cincinnati and
    I think the team played poorly in the first half in Denver because Coach Tomlin was too busy practicing medicine in New Jersey on Monday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and his flight to the MNF game in Denver did arrive until after halftime.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tomlin
    I think the team played poorly in the first half in Denver because Coach Tomlin was too busy practicing medicine in New Jersey on Monday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and his flight to the MNF game in Denver did arrive until after halftime.

Yesterday was probably a result of his filming schedule. The Program II looks like it's
    going to be a blockbuster though.

[URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey, the defense did it's job. Except they didn't come up the big plays. I remember 3 dropped INTs (2 by Gay and 1 by Clark). Plays like that change games.

What was pathetic was the facial expressions of our offense as they watched Cincy drive down late in the 4th Quarter to go up by 6. I knew it right then and there that we weren't going to drive down and get a TD. 4 and out!!!

I'd think that the offense would have been on their feet cheering up the defense and after they stopped them short on 3rd down, you'd think they would have been pumped up and ready to redeem themselves.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They were as flat as the can of half-consumed carbonated beverage that is still on a table three days after it was opened.

I don't attribute that to being gutless. There must be connection between playing the high-altitude Monday Night Game, where they looked excellent most of the way, and trying to duplicate the intensity six days later.

Big Ben looked bad, Hines looked bad. They just couldn't get out of first gear. I hope the rest of the schedule is as easy as most people claim it is. But I worry about every opponent.

Legend

User Info Menu

tomlin
    I also heard he was out giving lap dances with Greg Warren 2 nights before the game.