Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Pathetic

Big Ben and ST are the reason Steelers lost....
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers are a good team. We lost 3 games but weren't blown away in any of our loses. A mishap here and there. We correct the mistakes & we go far in the post season. Alot can happen in 7 weeks. We play lights out for the rest of the year & this game is nothing but a faint bad memory.

Starter

User Info Menu

Stop the TD on the return and it still would have been tied.

This loss is on Ben, Bruce, and Not-So Special teams.

...can someone still explain this logic to me?

-2 minutes to go. 1st and 10-
    Throw it deep 40 yards down field in double coverage. (Of course, much like all of Ben's long balls, he is short)

-2nd and 10-
    Okay that didn't work. How about running the ball. Too easy. Lets try throwing it 30 yards down field. No dice.

-3rd and 10-
    Now we need this one. How about an 8 yard hitch. Nope, I am a genius OC. Lets go for 15 to 20 yards (even though we only need 10 to extend the drive.) Incomplete.

-4th and 10-
    Alright, now we can go for the first down. Hit Mr. Hands at the sticks. Oops...too high.

Who the hell is calling these stupid plays. Give me the playbook and I gaurentee that I can get them to at least the 50. That sums up why we were so inept offensively today. They played like bums who had no intrest in playing let alone winning the game.

Frustrating, Disgusting, and most of all PATHETIC!!!!!!!
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    While I think gutless is an extreme view, especially considering the way that James Harrison plays consistently, I do think that it is a game that special teams & the offense - & especially the OC - will have a hard time looking the defense in the eye. The defense did it's job - they kept the Bengals out of the end zone& the game within reach.

The offense on the other hand was pathetic...Ben was clearly off his game & Arians showed no ability to put the offense in a position to succeed. Despite being great at it,we didn't see the no-huddle offense. He dialed up only 13 carries for Mendenhall? Throwing deep when the O-Line is having trouble holding back the blitz? Jesus! - Vince Young threw better than Ben did today!

Credit the Bengals DC & the squad for a good game, but does anyone else feel as though we didn't see the whole arsenal from the Steelers today? Why hold back? First place is on the line, plus the division title, & you don't go to your best weapons? Bruce Arians & the ST coach...this loss is on you.
    You know, I think I agree with you. Mendy probably should have had more of a chance.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Agree. 0/4 RedZone and 0/2 Goal-To-Go pretty much sums it up.

Offensively, top to bottom... poor performance:[*] O-line was exposed to day. Many of the sacks were Ben's fault, but they got pressure, batted down balls, and didn't do a great job of run blocking. Much of this is because Cincy's front seven is strong and played well. But the O-line didn't exactly give it their best effort either.[*]Recievers were less than steller. That TD throw that went through Holmes' hands was pathetic. His hands have been unreliable at times quite often, this year and last year. Heck, even the superbowl... everyone remembers the game winning catch to claim SB MVP, but they quickly forget that he was almost the SB Goat becaue the play right before he let an easy one go right through his finger tips. He's lucky he got a chance to redeam himself in that game. Even Heath let a hot high one go through his hands. It was a poor through, but it's a catch that Heath should have, and usually does, make. Wallance dropped one or two early. Ward didn't seem like he was on the same page (not sure if that was Ward or Ben).[*]Ben did not have a terrible game. But when you want to carry the team. You've got to do better than that. He didn't get much help from the O-line, a few balls were batted down, there were a few dropped catches, but he was not delivering the ball well either. Throwing a lot high, not on the same page with the receiver a couple times, etc. Just off.[*] BA was questionable. I try not to second guess him too much because I think the players execution can make you look like a champ or chump. When they execute well, we all say BA did a good job, but when they do not, we say BA is terrible. But inside the 10 twice and you only run the ball once with Mendy, who is proving to be able to get tough yards? What are you thinking??? First and goal from the 8 yard line and you go 4 wide, empty back set? Come on!!!! Don't know if it was BA or Ben that was calling the plays for deep routes, but when it's 1st & 10 with 1:50 on the clock, why are the first TWO plays, deep strikes. Take one. Or try to get 6-8 yards on first down, and if you do that, take a shot you're still left with managable 3rd & 4th down. I thought it was terrible play calling in those two instances.[*]Mendenhall didn't perform well, but I'll actually give him more credit than the others. Part of that goes back to the O-line and he did only get 10 carries and I think two of them predictably came in the first two plays of the game, and two of them predictably came in the first two plays of the second half. To go get anything going on that.

Kick coverage a was as atrocious as ever. Are we ever going to correct that? They ran almost every kick back to about the 35.... oh, yeah.. except for the one they ran THE WHOLE WAY BACK!

Defense was solid. Keep them out of the endzone and only gave up 12 points. They only gave up 61 rushing yards and 157 net passing yards. That's pretty darn good. But they were able to make some timely plays here and there, we couldn't come up with big plays even though we were give the opportunity (missed a couple tackles for lose, a coulpe INT's), and Harrison... I love you but come on man, that was a terrible penalty at a terrible time!!! They were at like 2nd and 8 and if we could have held them, it would have been a 3 point game with potentially good field position. But instead they get a 15yd advance and a fresh set of downs. That was a rookie bush league penalty and I hope he gets an ass chewing for that one. But again, all in all.... very solid defensive performance.

Team lose with the emphasis on the offense ans special teams.

But no means ready to bag the season, but we might have just given away the division title. It worries me than the team didn't show up for such an important game. Winning at home, winning in your division, etc... this was a BIG game... and they folded.

Hopefully they can learn from it....

feelthesteel

I totally agree with Wolfhound
    that was a pathetic effort.
    The play calling at the end with 1.59 sucked.
    Steelers do a Jekyl and Hyde

i mean are the Bungles that good?

Legend

User Info Menu

Offense - TOTAL F. 4 times they were at the 11 or closer and could not find a way to get a TD. One of the worst offensive displays in many years.

What a disappointment. With the division on the line they laid that stink bomb. How do they go from the 2nd half in Denver to a game of complete ineptitude. Beyond terrible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been watching old Lambert videos on YouTube. It's good therapy tonight.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

one loss in the last six games and they are gutless? thats a joke. they stomped both the vikes and denver so they were bound to lose some time. its never easy playing on a short week after a big win

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the OP was calling the team gutless. I believe he was calling yesterday's performance gutless.

Big difference.