Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ochocinco fans mail mustard to secondary

Legend

User Info Menu

Ochocinco fans mail mustard to secondary

Steelers Notebook: Ochocinco fans mail mustard to secondary
    Saturday, November 14, 2009
    By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/1013448-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/1013448-66.stm[/url]

Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, pride of Fort Cherry High School, vowed to make Chad Ochocinco hold the mustard that the pass- and attention-grabbing Cincinnati receiver initially wanted to ship to members of the Steelers' secondary this week.

But that did not stop someone from greater Cincinnati, identified on the package's return address as "Fans of Chad Ochocinco," from mailing the Steelers a box of the yellow condiment, which arrived yesterday.

It was a result of Ochocinco's midweek Twitter pledge to send the Steelers' defensive backs mustard because they couldn't "ketch up."

Heinz Field puns intended
    "Thanks, Chad," cornerback Ike Taylor noted after peeking into the box on his way to practice.

About that same time, the Cincinnati Enquirer first reported that Ochocinco this week had been slapped by the NFL with a $20,000 fine for brandishing a dollar bill at an official during a replay review Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens. League types also did not care for his use of the word "bribe" in later describing that act.

The league sent him a letter saying, in part: "The very appearance of impropriety is not acceptable. Your conduct was unprofessional and unbecoming an NFL Player."

The on-field gimmick artist formerly known as Chad Johnson also vowed yesterday, via his Twitter account, to put on a celebration tomorrow that would earn him still another fine from the NFL. The latest one and two earlier chinstrap violations pushed his season total to $37,500 in such penalties.

"Child," he wrote, "wait till you see what I do in Pittsburgh. Remember, I set aside [a personal] fine fund before the season started. I'm just starting!!!"

Then again, he has made similar promises before, and Taylor and the Steelers prevented any public displays.

Injury report
    Steelers starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons practiced again yesterday and is expected to return to play tomorrow after a right ankle sprain caused him to miss the victory Monday in Denver and most of the final quarter of the Oct. 25 win against Minnesota.

Starting defensive end Travis Kirschke was listed as out for tomorrow due to his torn left calf muscle and will miss his second consecutive game. Fullback Carey Davis also is out because of his hamstring injury.

Meanwhile, Cincinnati placed starting safety Roy Williams (forearm) on injured reserve -- Chinedum Ndukwe is expected to again start for the player who missed four of the past five Bengals games. Starting guard Evan Mathis (ankle) and starting linebacker Keith Rivers (calf) missed practice all week and were listed as doubtful. Starting defensive tackle Tank Johnson (illness) did not practice yesterday, but he also missed the previous Friday before returning to play against Baltimore. Running back Jeremi Johnson (chest) and starting defensive end Frostee Rucker (neck) practiced but were listed as questionable.

What a difference
    Monday night safety Tyrone Carter intercepted two passes, returning one for a touchdown, and became the AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Tomorrow, he won't start.

"Ain't that something?" teased Carter, who pulled the same exact feat in Denver Monday as he did in the 2008 regular-season finale against Cleveland -- both while subbing for Ryan Clark.

"Can't even get on the field. I get two picks, and I'm out of there."

Clark missed the Cleveland game last season with a shoulder injury and sat out Monday after coach Mike Tomlin chose to protect him from any further complications from sickle-cell anemia.

"It's OK," Carter added, more seriously. "I know my role."

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/1013448-66.stm#ixzz0WoKjgAIL"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09318/10 ... z0WoKjgAIL[/url]

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Ochocinco fans mail mustard to secondary

He has fan(s)??? Some deluded nutcase in Cincinnati must be desperate for a hero to worship.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    He has fan(s)??? Some deluded nutcase in Cincinnati must be desperate for a hero to worship.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    LMAO. Silverback needs to give that guy the “brown’s fan slam.”

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think that they should be allowed to use their food stamps or welfare money for this kind of stuff.

I'm calling the Cincy office of ACORN to request an investigation.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I don't think that they should be allowed to use their food stamps or welfare money for this kind of stuff.

I’d bet good money that BengalMAN85 is the guy lurking around in the storm trooper suit.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’d bet good money that BengalMAN85 is the guy lurking around in the storm trooper suit.
    Nah, I found him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man thats cold ....... But funny..........................

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer

Man thats cold ....... But funny..........................
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Too funny. Ochostinko starts a tweet with "Child." How appropriate.