Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OCD..

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: OCD..

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Which is dirtier...your own penis...or those bathroom sinks?
    I dunno...sometimes I think with my penis, and the thoughts that come out of there can be plenty dirty.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Which is dirtier...your own penis...or those bathroom sinks?
    I dunno...sometimes I think with my penis, and the thoughts that come out of there can be plenty dirty.

i gotta go with bathroom sinks....one penis vs. the hordes of peni that come through daily. i kick the toilet handle to flush, use paper towels to turn on and off the sink and use a fresh towel to open the door..i dont touch nere notta nuthin in the mens room.

this one Asian dude at work washes his hands before he pee's..(is the word pee's ghey?)..then he leaves without washing....

Legend

In general, I've felt like the more dirt, germs, bacteria you get exposed to, the more resilient your body becomes. And the more you try to avoid this stuff, the sicker you're likely to become either mentally or physically.

The best bet is almost always not to worry. But it sucks when that thought just doesn't win inside your head. If that thought isn't able to win, there should be some medicine for that so you can fix your mind and relax.

I always remind myself that there's loads of people that do what OCD people don't do and they're almost always fine.

I have to admit, I'm always sick. If there is something going around, I catch it. I don't understand it either, I never touch anything, never touch my eyes, nose mouth to insert any germs.

Back to my hang up: I freakin hate when they are out of soap in the bathrooms. I also hate when I'm at someones house and you think your squirting soap onto your hands but, it's really hand lotion.
    I would say the sink is dirtier than the tool. Sixty minutes did a thing on restaurants and they said, " most tops of toilet seats have less germs than kitchen counter tops were the food is prepared. "

Last year I was sitting at AppleBees and some young guys were sitting in the booth behind me. One was laughing about how he wiped this guys steak on his butt crack before he served it to him. The guy was his neighbor and they didn't get along. He told his other buddies that the guy accused him of killing his dog, police came etc, etc. it's no wonder I'm OCD.

Legend

I think I'm the opposite of OCD, but understand what many with OCD go through. Instead of obsessing on any one thing, I do worry about many things as we all do. But instead of worry about any one thing repeatedly, I worry about everything eventually. And I constantly convince myself not to worry about what's on top of my mind.

And eventually whatever I was worrying about gets replaced by a new worry.

So I guess in a sense I'm OCD about worrying, but not about anything in particular.

I think everyone's OCD to some extent.

It just fills the gaps that would otherwise lead to boredom.

So I think new activity may be the real cure for OCD.

Become too busy to think about whatever worries you.

I've taken microbiology classes. I know what all these germs can do and where they are, but I look back on my life and think about all the gross things I've done and I just can't find any reason to worry about germs.

I'm never sick. Is it because I was always 'dirty' and I eat food that touches tables and don't wash my hands before I eat and I built up my immune system from that, or am I just lucky that I have a good immune system or otherwise I would be deathly ill all day every day?

I like to think it's the former and just keep doing what I've been doing.

silver & black

This will only get worse. Don't be shocked when there is an outright ban on smoking...period. Legislated morality and parenting has become the mainstay of both political parties. I guess we need government to save us from ourselves.
    It was tried once before: 1920 - 1933 "The Noble Experiment"... better known as "Prohibition". How'd that work out? I'm sure it will be tried again... we never seem to learn from the past.

stillers4me

Our Steelers bar has numbered parking spaces in the back. I consider it bad luck if we have to park in a space that's not a player number.

Is that considered OCD?

stillers4me

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    I've taken microbiology classes. I know what all these germs can do and where they are, but I look back on my life and think about all the gross things I've done and I just can't find any reason to worry about germs.

I'm never sick. Is it because I was always 'dirty' and I eat food that touches tables and don't wash my hands before I eat and I built up my immune system from that, or am I just lucky that I have a good immune system or otherwise I would be deathly ill all day every day?

I like to think it's the former and just keep doing what I've been doing.

Honestly, I think your right on. I grew up playing outside and came in "kid dirty" every night. I've always been disgusting healthy (knocking on wood).

I use common sense about washing my hands.....I'm not overly fanatic about it. I work in a medical office and try to remember to wash my hands after every patient ( usually in front of them....for some reason they like to see that ). I put eye drops in eyes all day and it's not the germs per say, but I don't want to get dilating drops rubbed into my own eyes and I get their tears on my hands.

But I do think kids are kept entirely "too clean" these days and it just makes for sicker kids.