Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OCD..

Re: OCD..

Yeah that's pretty nasty. I have only said one thing to a manager. I seen an employee out smoking...came in dipped his hands in a dirty bucket of water/chemicals washed down the counter...then without washing his hands made my food. I spoke to the manager and she acted like there was nothing wrong with what he did. I also asked why employees were not required to wear gloves at their establishment. She said it isn't state law. Shocking I know...Kentucky a state known for it's cleanliness and sanitation...lol.

Many really bad illnesses come through the fecal/oral route. Meaning, you are eating someone elses ish and get sick. Many of these guys getting paid minimum wage don't care if they wash their hands. They will wipe their acs and handle your food without washing...not think twice. It's absolutely disturbing if you think about it. My advice...eat at home.

60 minutes or a show like 60 minutes did a special on eating out and the germs they found. They proved that most of our toilet seats at our own homes have no where near the germs that restaurants kitchen counters have. In other words, our toilets are cleaner than the places we eat.
    They then went on to check all the lemons, limes that bars put in your drinks. The first 22 bars they went into the limes/lemons had fecal matter on them. At the end of the day and their results, 75% of the fruit had crap on them be it from the employees hands or from whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Yeah that's pretty nasty. I have only said one thing to a manager. I seen an employee out smoking...came in dipped his hands in a dirty bucket of water/chemicals washed down the counter...then without washing his hands made my food. I spoke to the manager and she acted like there was nothing wrong with what he did. I also asked why employees were not required to wear gloves at their establishment. She said it isn't state law. Shocking I know...Kentucky a state known for it's cleanliness and sanitation...lol.

Many really bad illnesses come through the fecal/oral route. Meaning, you are eating someone elses ish and get sick. Many of these guys getting paid minimum wage don't care if they wash their hands. They will wipe their acs and handle your food without washing...not think twice. It's absolutely disturbing if you think about it. My advice...eat at home.
    You don't go @ss to mouth.
    --Clerks II

Hall of Famer

oh man that is nasty. you are right though even high class restaurants have some gross kitchens. if i had a similar expierence that you described i might not eat out as much, but i have never witnessed something that disturbing. the best thing to do imo is not think about germs or anything like that ever. i think a lot of it is mental. i get one cold a year and im in great shape, but i still eat fast food twice a week. ive known people to be obsessed with germs and they are sick all the time. i almost make it a point when i eat out some where not to look at people preparing my food. it seems silly to most im sure but it works for me. at subway you have no choice but at least they have to wear gloves

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

oh man that is nasty. you are right though even high class restaurants have some gross kitchens. if i had a similar expierence that you described i might not eat out as much, but i have never witnessed something that disturbing. the best thing to do imo is not think about germs or anything like that ever. i think a lot of it is mental. i get one cold a year and im in great shape, but i still eat fast food twice a week. ive known people to be obsessed with germs and they are sick all the time. i almost make it a point when i eat out some where not to look at people preparing my food. it seems silly to most im sure but it works for me. at subway you have no choice but at least they have to wear gloves
    I think some people tend to get sicker than others and have to worry about this stuff as a result.

I'm like you in that I barely ever get sick.

These are all pretty gross stories, but the one thing that does bother me is when a smoker prepares my food. Somehow the smell from the smoker transfers into the food.

I also heard recently that the smoke residue on stuff can cause cancer. You don't even have to be around the second hand smoke.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

I think some people tend to get sicker than others and have to worry about this stuff as a result.

These are all pretty gross stories, but the one thing that does bother me is when a smoker prepares my food. Somehow the smell from the smoker transfers into the food.

I also heard recently that the smoke residue on stuff can cause cancer. You don't even have to be around the second hand smoke.
    you might be right in that people that are more prone to get sick worry about it more than the average person. its funny because i am a smoker unfortunately and i am grossed out if a smoker prepared my food. i have never worked in the industry but if i did i would wash my hands diligently if i was working around food.

i also like that there is no smoking in restaurants in most states, and im a smoker!! even smelling smoke while i am eating grosses me out. im down to about 5 ciggs a day so my habits have changed but eating and smelling smoke is awful. its really no big deal to go outside of a bar or restaurant to have a cigg.

I believe alot of that to be nonsense. The anti-smoking crowd as high up as governmental health organizations have been known to distort studies for agenda and funding. Believe me I do not advocate smoking or breathing in other's second hand smoke. With that said, occasional contact with byproducts of smoking/smokers has never been shown in any reputable study to cause cancer.

Hall of Famer

I believe alot of that to be nonsense. The anti-smoking crowd as high up as governmental health organizations have been known to distort studies for agenda and funding. Believe me I do not advocate smoking or breathing in other's second hand smoke. With that said, occasional contact with byproducts of smoking/smokers has never been shown in any reputable study to cause cancer.
    i agree the anti-smoking campaign's often distort the truth and tell all kinds of lies. the cause justifies it to many people. i dont mind going outside of a restaurant to smoke, but it is one less freedom that we have and i dont believe in the government having that kind of control over people.

Frank...I believe in the right to smoke and the right not to breath in anyone elses smoke. I am a cigar smoker...a few a month and love to light one up on a restaurant patio. With that said, I rarely do because of the looks or comments. I understand not everyone wants to smell a cigar even in an outdoor area. Out of courtesy even in a smoking environment I usually refrain. In restaurants for me it's a no brainer. The ban is needed in my book. But, this whole no smoking in your car on hospital property thing has taken this legislation too far. That is ridiculous. I have heard of companies not hiring or even firing employees for smoking...that's too far.

This will only get worse. Don't be shocked when there is an outright ban on smoking...period. Legislated morality and parenting has become the mainstay of both political parties. I guess we need government to save us from ourselves.

Legend

i heard it on Dr Oz for what it's worth