Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mendenhall....good but not tough?

Hall of Famer

Re: Mendenhall....good but not tough?

I thought he ran with good power last night.

On his last big run, I wish he had fought and stayed in bounds, but he could have been under orders .. so as to not fumble.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

I remember the criticisms for Franco running OB too. But I recall Franco saying that if the team needed a yard and getting that yard meant running someone over then he would do it...and I recall seeing him do that many times.

On the long run where he went OB Holmes did say something to him. I think Mendy simply forgot the game situation. Also, if you see the play again watch for him to move the ball from inside arm to outside arm the split second before he steps out. He simply forgot.

He'll learn that stuff with time. He's 22 and last night was his 11th NFL game.

He had picked up an important first down and, while, simply falling to the ground would have been ideal, he realized that the first had been obtained and just ran out of bounds. Runners, typically, are either going to go out of bounds or take on a tackler, falling down isn't really in their DNA, so, he stepped out of bounds to save a little beating on his body. I"m fine with it and his team mates are as well, of course, he was reminded that falling to the ground in bounds would have been the A+ move in that situation.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I remember the criticisms for Franco running OB too. But I recall Franco saying that if the team needed a yard and getting that yard meant running someone over then he would do it...and I recall seeing him do that many times.

On the long run where he went OB Holmes did say something to him. I think Mendy simply forgot the game situation. Also, if you see the play again watch for him to move the ball from inside arm to outside arm the split second before he steps out. He simply forgot.

He'll learn that stuff with time. He's 22 and last night was his 11th NFL game.
    I think Homes did say something to him about staying in bounds. Nice to see Mendehall is surrounded by leadership. Mendenhall didn't switch hands on that run where Holmes talked to him. He just took the ball out of his tuck and palmed it in his right hand as he ran out of bounds. He "patted" the ball while he held it in his right hand in disgust. I think he realized he shouldn't of ran out of bounds. He should have change hands with the ball and ran through the defender to stay in bounds. Minor mental error based upon the situation. However, could be a major mental error in another situation and I'm sure he will get coached up film day.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Pro Bowler

I think that Mendy is plenty tough...we all just want to see him truck someone, ala Peterson. I think we will see that when he needs to do it. But when you can juke and just run by guys, why not? I never realized how fast he was until last night. Wow. I was even more impressed with his demeanor during his postgame interview with the ESPN crew. A very impressive young man. Humble, intelligent, grounded.

He ran for 155 yards and had 0 turnovers. Save a TD, he ran a great game last night.