Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take a knee Logan

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Take a knee Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I was made into a fan of Logan's during the preseason... but I gotta admit: I expected more of him. (Of course, season's not over yet...)

He will come up big in a big spot sometime this season...

While he frustrates some of us...think about it. What have we had back there the last 5 or 6 years? Fat fullbacks tripping their way to the 20. I'll take Logan.
    Dude you got me with ROFL there!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed. Logan needed to just take the knee. I'm thinking that he's wanting to take one to the house in the worst way. If he's patient, it will eventually come to him.

Starter

User Info Menu

This is the purest of speculations on my part - but I believe Tomlin gave him the green light to return every kick.

I've noticed over the years that when Tomlin thinks he's got a team beat - he's willing to take more chances - see last season's game versus the Redskins.

I also believe that there are times when he'd rather have a player be given an opportunity than have that player make the "conservative" decision.

IMO - Tomlin believes so much in his offense and his defense right now - he's willing to develop Logan for the second half of the season and hopefully beyond. We'll see.

Again this is pure speculation.

L.B.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Does Logan seem to have lost the "burst" we saw in the preseason? He just doesn't seem to be hitting holes with speed or making cuts to the outside with the same burst he showed in preseason and even earlier in the regular season.
    Or maybe it's because he's not playing against guys who are currently bagging groceries and waiting for the phone call to sign with some team's practice squad. . . .

That being said, I am confident of two things for sure

1. His decision making Monday night will be addressed by the coaching staff. You can't take it out from half way deep in the end zone.
    2. He WILL make a big play for this team before the year is over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    What have we had back there the last 5 or 6 years? Fat fullbacks tripping their way to the 20. I'll take Logan.
    You are right about that... I can't ever recall a team that ever fielded TWO Fullbacks as the return men, as we often did. As for people criticizing Logan's decision-making last night, I agree with Ghost: it didn't end up making that much of a difference field position-wise... and you like a guy with the willingness & confidence to go for it.

I do think he has more potential in the PR game (than KO returns)... I hope he's "saving" it for December & January.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bump.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace on the KO return...looks like Logan is being sent a message aboot his poor decision making with taking kicks out of the EZ.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i think it is time we offically take the crown that we gave him off his head, he is nothing special in november, if there was a pro bowl in august he would be on it, but ehh, he is nothing special, he loves running it out of the endzone 6 yds deep but he calls for a fair catch with nobody around at the 50...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Still don't mind him taking it out of the end zone, especially when the offense is playing like crap as it was the 1st half of Denver and this week. Starting at the 17 to 18 instead of the 20 is nothing. The one caveat to this - once you bobble or drop the ball - then you have to take the knee.

Legend

User Info Menu

There ya go! Do you think he would have run it out if Burnett wasn't in his face telling him to stay put?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.