Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I'm in the minority... I'd sign him and bring him here. Why allow an opponent to do that? esp. the Pats.

I'm with you. I think his biggest problem is really poor OL blocking. I think the Chiefs figure there's no point paying a guy big bucks when their OL can't block well enough to get the full value out of him.

But the guy is still a beast and could very well be worth a bargain basement price. If nothing else it gives a cushion at RB in the event that Mendy busts, I mean breaks, a shoulder.

True Fan

sign him. he can at least catch out of the backfield, unlike willie

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He doesn't clear waivers in my opinion. Here's the shopping list in order...You decide.

Detroit Lions
    St. Louis Rams
    Seattle Seahawks
    Cleveland Browns
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Green Bay Packers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Buffalo Bills
    Washington Redskins

Starter

User Info Menu

Is there any way we can pick him up but leave his attitude and big mouth in KC?
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    He doesn't clear waivers in my opinion. Here's the shopping list in order...You decide.

Detroit Lions
    St. Louis Rams
    Seattle Seahawks
    Cleveland Browns
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Green Bay Packers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Buffalo Bills
    Washington Redskins
    You know, the Skins did lose Portis (for at least one game) due to concussion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sign larry johnson, really? the guy hasnt done anything in a few seasons. he has to be around 30 and i would think he has more wear and tear on his body than fwp. johnson is definetly not steeler material. the guy is a mental midgit and very stupid. not to mention selfish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    You know, the Skins did lose Portis (for at least one game) due to concussion.
    I just saw on PFT that the Redskins are having internal discussions about LJ. I would almost enjoy watching the drama that will ensue from adding LJ to the general state of disarray in Washington, and combining that with Portis eventually returning to health.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the guy still has some play-making abilities left in him. If he goes to NE, he will play well with a chip on his shoulder. Washington, don't know about them, but if he came here, I think he'd be a steal and would play damn well for us.

The fag-got stuff and the off the field stuff doesn't bother me, nor should it bother anyone else. So minor- geez.

He came out of the same draft class as Troy. How old is he? Can't be 30.

Remember when we got Jerome? No body wanted him and the Rams thought he was washed up........Not to say that LJ would be another JB, but if you can get him on the cheap, why not? Doesn't matter, because someone else will grab him first.... so it's all a mute point.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter reports that LJ wants to be a Steeler.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There ya go- per Adam Schefter..... Steelers may look at him.... Would make a lot of sense.....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion