Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

Hall of Famer

Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Adam Schefter reports that LJ wants to be a Steeler.
    The key word is 'wants'. He would come into the team as a hungry man.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Where would he play? Who would you cut? Carey Davis is dressed tonight for ST. You aren't going to cut WP or Moore....so how would he make this team?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Where would he play? Who would you cut? Carey Davis is dressed tonight for ST. You aren't going to cut WP or Moore....so how would he make this team?
    I think he would be great as a fullback and covering kicks. I bet he would accept that role with relish if he got his wish to come here.

Will he make it through waivers? I would say not except that anything can happen if he wants to be in Pittsburgh badly enough.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    There ya go- per Adam Schefter..... Steelers may look at him.... Would make a lot of sense.....

You heard wrong. He said if LJ clears waivers he wants to play for the Steelers...not that the Steelers would look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I think he would be great as a fullback and covering kicks. I bet he would accept that role with relish if he got his wish to come here.

Will he make it through waivers? I would say not except that anything can happen if he wants to be in Pittsburgh badly enough.
    I can't see his ego allowing him to cover kicks. I'm also not sure that he has ever done it.

I also don't think he has ever played FB before. We saw from the Frank the Tank experiment that there can be quite an adjustment from HB to FB.

If the Steelers decided to look at LJ, I'm not sure who would go. Mendy, Moore, and WP are safe. He plays a different position than Davis. I don't think Logan gets cut. I just don't see this happening.

The numbers that I posted earlier were WP and LJ. WP is younger and has better numbers.

I thought I heard the other way around. Not that he 'wanted' to play for them, but the Steelers would be interested in signing him....

Doesn't matter. With each passing week that Mendenhall plays, the RB situation isn't as dire as I thought it could get. Especially with WP in his final year.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion