Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Estonia, EU
    Posts
    31

    Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/09/chiefs- ... y-johnson/

    The Kansas City Chiefs released RB Larry Johnson on Monday, the same day he was eligible to return to the team following a one-week suspension.

    The Chiefs still owe Johnson, whose contract runs through the 2012 season, $2.275 million — the remaining portion of his $4.55 million salary this season. He missed a paycheck on Sunday after being suspended for making gay slurs.

    Johnson first posted the slur on his Twitter account after also questioning coach Todd Haley’s credentials. He then repeated the slur the next day to reporters.

    In 75 games (55 starts) with Kansas City, Johnson rushed 1,375 times for 5,996 yards with 55 touchdowns. He also registered 151 receptions for 1,369 yards with six touchdowns. He concluded his Chiefs career with 30 100-yard rushing games and also added two 100-yard receiving games.

    Johnson established an NFL single-season record with 416 rushing attempts in 2006 when he set a franchise single-season mark with 1,789 rushing yards. He originally entered the league as the Chiefs first-round selection (27th overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft out of Penn State.
    Welcome back #7!!!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,995

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    That is kind of shocking.

    look for him to either:

    -- sign with the Patriots for a vet min and become a star OR

    -- sign with the Skins for a huge sum and become a bust.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Sign Larry Johnson threads in 3.........2........
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    That is kind of shocking.

    look for him to either:

    -- sign with the Patriots for a vet min and become a star OR

    -- sign with the Skins for a huge sum and become a bust.
    I'm thinking maybe Green Bay. After losing to the Bucs, their fans might be a little more acceptable to taking on this turd.

    Thank God we have 3 RB's that our coaches love or I could see Mike Brown making a play for him...

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,859

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    That is kind of shocking.

    look for him to either:

    -- sign with the Patriots for a vet min and become a star OR

    -- sign with the Skins for a huge sum and become a bust.
    I'm thinking maybe Green Bay. After losing to the Bucs, their fans might be a little more acceptable to taking on this turd.

    Thank God we have 3 RB's that our coaches love or I could see Mike Brown making a play for him...
    What about Cinci? I think he has a police record
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Sign Larry Johnson threads in 3.........2........
    Why would we want to sign that faggo...err...oh, never mind.

  7. #7

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Sign Larry Johnson threads in 3.........2........
    Why would we want to sign that faggo...err...oh, never mind.


    Well played sir.

    It will be interesting to see if Johnson can find another job. Johnson's skills are in serious decline, and he is a malcontent. I realize that the KC team is in rough shape, but from what I've seen from Johnson this year, he doesn't have any burst or power left, leaving him as just an old, slow back.

    I can obviously see the *s giving him a shot -- his recent history as a malcontent seems to work for them. Other than that, I can't see many teams being interested, especially since he is still likely to ask for a huge contract.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    I'm in the minority... I'd sign him and bring him here. Why allow an opponent to do that? esp. the Pats.

    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  9. #9

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I'm in the minority... I'd sign him and bring him here. Why allow an opponent to do that? esp. the Pats.

    Which one would you rather have?

    60 carries, 187 yards, 3.1 ypc, 29 yrs old in November

    132 carries, 358 yards, 2.7 ypc, 30 yrs old in November

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I'm in the minority... I'd sign him and bring him here. Why allow an opponent to do that? esp. the Pats.

    Which one would you rather have?

    60 carries, 187 yards, 3.1 ypc, 29 yrs old in November

    132 carries, 358 yards, 2.7 ypc, 30 yrs old in November
    Well said.

    I think Donkeys might sign him.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •