Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson Palmer is 8-3

Re: Carson Palmer is 8-3

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    Bengals are playing better than they were when we first played them. It should be a good game. They are a good team. They have flaws, but all teams do. Even our Steelers.
    We throttled them through the first 3 quarters of that game and we're playing better now too.

I'm tellin' you people, the beat down is imminent.
    I agree. We match up well with the Bengals. We should beat them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    And what must they be saying over on RatBoard? Who will the Ratfans want to win next Sunday?
    Their motto is "if it can't be us then anyone but the Steelers".
    Then, we have an opportunity to beat both of them next week. That would be cool.

I do think it will be a tough game, though.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Pro Bowler

let's get through tomorrow night first and expose orten. then we can focus on cornholio. no way the steelers let the bungles come into heinz field and sweep us.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    let's get through tomorrow night first and expose orten. then we can focus on cornholio. no way the steelers let the bungles come into heinz field and sweep us.
    We're not putting on pads and taking the field...we can focus on whatever we want!

Pro Bowler

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":316qcc30
    We scored 20 on them and that was with only 2 turtle ball possessions in the 4th qtr.

They gave up 24 to the pathetic Packers, 20 to the even more pathetic Browns and 28 to the Texans.

The Bengals are not for real.
    No, we are definitely for real. Our O-Line is top 3 in the league. Which will keep us in a lot of games...
    You're getting blowed up in 2 weeks. The fairy tale is over.[/quote:316qcc30]

I think we'll be alright in 2 weeks when we play the Raiders. I know they beat Philly and all, but I think our team can beat them...

Pro Bowler

[quote=_SteeL_CurtaiN_]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":30bzaaiy
    We scored 20 on them and that was with only 2 turtle ball possessions in the 4th qtr.

They gave up 24 to the pathetic Packers, 20 to the even more pathetic Browns and 28 to the Texans.

No, we are definitely for real. Our O-Line is top 3 in the league. Which will keep us in a lot of games...
    WOOT, last I checked the Stellers has the #1 rush defense in the nfl[/quote:30bzaaiy]

Care to guess who has the #2 run defense in the NFL?

Legend

We had the bungles beat but it played out like the home game in 2005 where we kept giving them chances and they made us pay for it. The pick 6 hurt and the D was terrible on 3rd down.

I think we put a beat down on them this time but we can't get caught up in the "typical steeler close game where we had 10 chances to blow a team out but
    somehow found a way to keep them in it until the last possession" type game

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":39ii12bp

You're getting blowed up in 2 weeks. The fairy tale is over.[/quote:39ii12bp]

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I don't know guys.... I like the enthusiasm over beating them next week, but I don't think we are giving Cincy quite enough respect.

Is Cincy a great team? No. Are they lucky to be 6-2? Maybe, but if some luck went the other way, they'd be 7-1 (Denver game). Do I think we should be able to beat them next week, and should have beat them last time? Definitely.

But their opponents combined win percentage is 0.550. That would put their schedule somewhere around the top 3rd in strength of schedule. I think their record might be a little of an overachievement, but they are definitely a solid team that shouldn't be taken lightly. I think they're a playoff/wildcard team.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I predicted the order of finish in the AFC North to be:

1. Pittsburgh
    2. Cincinnati
    3. Baltimore
    4. Cleveland

That prediction is looking pretty good right now, and will look even better when we beat Denver tonight and beat Cincy next week. I knew that Cincy had an improved defense last year (they were ranked 12th in the NFL if I recall correctly) and the upgrade from Fitzpatrick to Palmer could potentially push them up into playoff contention, which is what has happened as of now, the mid-point of the NFL season.

There is always one other team you really have to respect each season, and it seems to come on a rotating basis (this year it seems to be the Bengals @ 6-2...last year it was the Ravens @ 11-5...the year before that it was the Browns @ 10-6...etc.). I will start looking forward to that match-up with the Bungholes tonight around midnight or so. For right now, though, my head is in the mountains...