Thread: I got the text...

Legend

User Info Menu

I got the text...

Travis K. and Lawrence Timmons unlikely to play......

I knew Kirschke was a long shot, but Timmons I was hoping for bad! I am not to happy with our D missing Travis K., L. Timmons, and Ryan Clark..... potentially
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I got the text...

Going to suck since McDaniels comes from the Pats. The Pats always spread us out to negate the pass rush and hit the dink and dunk passes. Timmons would have been huge to have out there due to his speed to close the that type of pass game.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dang....We needed 94 for this game.

It will be also interesting to see if Ike can bounce back. He had a terrible game against Sidney Rice.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This has potential to work out for our good. Fox has been great when called upon. More reps/minutes/experience for Fox is a minimum that can come out of this (barring injury to Fox). The glass is half full from my perspective.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Fox will be just fine in the run game. I think Timmons speed is an asset that will be missed, especially in the passing game. Orton doesn't have a big arm, so he is more limited to a shorter style passing game. As pointed out above, Timmons could help neutralize that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I think Fox will be just fine in the run game. I think Timmons speed is an asset that will be missed, especially in the passing game. Orton doesn't have a big arm, so he is more limited to a shorter style passing game. As pointed out above, Timmons could help neutralize that.
    This is what scares me, is Fox defending that short passing game. He doesn't have the speed of Timmons, so you know they are going to test him a lot. I hope he is ready for the challenge...........
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

...though Fox was fast enough run back that INT for 6.... just sayin'