Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben wants more no-huddle

Legend

Re: Ben wants more no-huddle

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Do you really think our success rate would stay the same if we went no huddle all game? It's no different them those who want Heath to get mega touches every game.

Both are successful because we don't over use them.
    I don't think anyone's suggesting we start running our own K-Gun and go no-huddle all game long. However, 1, 2, or even 3 series, when it's clearly our best offensive package is seriously underutilizing it.
    They probably average running the no-huddle at least 2 series a game. I am not so sure the no-huddle is the team's best package. Need more evidence to make that determination. I know that a majority of the points they scored came out of the offenses they run outside the no-huddle. The biggest area they need to clean up on are the player mistakes. They left a lot of points off the score board in the "regular offenses" due to player mistakes.
    If they ran it more you'd have your evidence. Every time there is a long scoring drive we find out what after the game? No huddle.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Do you really think our success rate would stay the same if we went no huddle all game? It's no different them those who want Heath to get mega touches every game.

Both are successful because we don't over use them.
    I don't think anyone's suggesting we start running our own K-Gun and go no-huddle all game long. However, 1, 2, or even 3 series, when it's clearly our best offensive package is seriously underutilizing it.
    They probably average running the no-huddle at least 2 series a game. I am not so sure the no-huddle is the team's best package. Need more evidence to make that determination. I know that a majority of the points they scored came out of the offenses they run outside the no-huddle. The biggest area they need to clean up on are the player mistakes. They left a lot of points off the score board in the "regular offenses" due to player mistakes.
    If they ran it more you'd have your evidence. Every time there is a long scoring drive we find out what after the game? No huddle.
    Not sure if they ran it more we would have the evidence we need. We would have to take a look at the other play calls and formations as well. I know they scored out various play calls and formations. If we look back, I think we will see there are times the no-huddle failed to produce. What fans remember may not be what actually happened. You know this for yourself because you posed the argument about Ben taking check downs.

If they ran it more, more bad things might come out of the no-huddle. Running it more will also give defenses more opportunities to get a feel for what they like to do in those situations. The no-huddle may be best saved for when they absolutely have to use it. That's probably the way the coaches feel. The ultimate goal is to become a more efficient offense without having to run the no-huddle. There are 2 ways they can accomplish that goal. Practice and game day situations.

There are also situations when people remember them running the no-huddle when they actually did not. I believe the last drive of the SB was one of those occasions. As long as the players limit mistakes and execute, the offense will continue to get better.

Legend

The no huddle strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The no huddle strikes again!!!
    Great minds must think alike D. I was just loggin on to dial this same thread up. I think we have plenty of evidence to show this is clearly our best package. The post game with Suzy Kolber, Ben emphatically stated it was the no-huddle which made the difference.

I think Arians may be feeling a little scared to run it more often. He even stated that if we ran the no-huddle all of the time he could take every night off.

Well Bruce, as far as I'm concerned, you have your invitation to do so.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

We started moving the ball in the 2nd half via the no huddle, but that first no huddle drive in the 3rd quarter ended with an interception at the goal line. The no huddle giveth and the no huddle taketh away. It is not, and should not be, the end-all and be-all of our offense. I'm happy to pull it out 2-3 times a game to give up a jump-start. That keeps it fresh and effective instead of stale with other teams getting used to our tendencies during the hurry-up offense.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    We started moving the ball in the 2nd half via the no huddle, but that first no huddle drive in the 3rd quarter ended with an interception at the goal line. The no huddle giveth and the no huddle taketh away. It is not, and should not be, the end-all and be-all of our offense. I'm happy to pull it out 2-3 times a game to give up a jump-start. That keeps it fresh and effective instead of stale with other teams getting used to our tendencies during the hurry-up offense.
    That's a bad pass man. Whether that happens in the no huddle or the regular offense.