Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do NFC Games Interest You?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Do NFC Games Interest You?

I'd choose a Penguins hockey game over a non-Steelers NFL game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

True about Cleve and that we got the Dyin' Lions and that div this year. I was thinking more along the lines of being an nfc west team and playin half a season against the likes of powerhouses such as frisco, seahags, rams and zona

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yup, I love watching the NFL in general. In fact, games where I don't have a "stake" are usually more fun for me in the sense that I can simply enjoy the game and not get worked up about this or that.

The players in the NFL are the best of the best and I'd rather watch them play than about anything else on TV unless Top Gear or a good fight are on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Yup. Several reasons ...

- Potential SB matchup
    - Steelers may play one of the teams in the future
    - Baseline for Steelers comparison (how are the LBs, WRs, etc.), especially with good teams
    - NFC games can affect the Steelers' playoff future, albeit minimally (SoS is one of the tie-breaks. We should be rooting for the NFCN in non-Steeler games)
    These are great points. You've piqued my interest again in the NFC. Thanks.

Legend

User Info Menu

To be honest if the Steelers aren't playing I can't watch an NFL game on TV. The commercials and slowness of the game in general make them like baseball. If the Steelers aren't on and I want to watch a sporting event I look for a hockey game (preferably the Pens, but any will do) or a world class soccer game -- no commercials ever, except halftime.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    To be honest if the Steelers aren't playing I can't watch an NFL game on TV. The commercials and slowness of the game in general make them like baseball. If the Steelers aren't on and I want to watch a sporting event I look for a hockey game (preferably the Pens, but any will do) or a world class soccer game -- no commercials ever, except halftime.

Pappy
    That's why DVR is such a great thing. I never have to watch commercials if I so choose and the game goes much faster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Soccer is just a little too slow for my liking. Although I've watched a couple of big games.

I love hockey, but it's hard to watch on tv. I do watch the Pens when I have time. But I prefer watching from the nosebleeds in the corner of the goal section.

Baseball almost kills me unless there's great pitching - ie. a game where the pitcher is perfect in placement, pitch selection, change of speeds, etc. A perfectly pitched game may be the best treat in all of sports. But then again, I wanna see that game from directly behind the catcher in the 1st row.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

Pappy
    That's why DVR is such a great thing. I never have to watch commercials if I so choose and the game goes much faster.
    I only watch live tvs late night in hotels.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't watch a lot of NFC games either. If the Pack are playing we watch since dh is a Packers fan, but that's about it. We don't watch too many AFC games. Can't stand the ballwashing when the Pats and Indy are on. Plus I'd rather watch a 7 - 10 slugfest, than a high scoring 42 - 45 game, which is what the Colts/Pats are all about. I will watch any AFCN game though, even the horrible Browns.

I also love to watch soccer and while at times, it can be a bit slow, most games are worth watching.

Legend

User Info Menu

I tried to watch the saints game and I couldn't do it. I think the lack of impact on the steelers and the run and gun of the NFC have something to do with it.

I watched the eagles giants game and was forced to watch the Carolina Arizona game since I moved to NC. Just doesn't seem as physical as the AFC games. I think we are used to watching teams grind while the NFC tends to be more shootout and pass heavy.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"