Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do NFC Games Interest You?

Legend

Do NFC Games Interest You?

I watched a little of the Falcons/Saints game last night and realized, I just don't care that much about NFC games.

That was a good game with 2 good teams, but I had a hard time being interested.

If the Steelers aren't on, I usually prefer an AFC game over an NFC game.

I watched more of the Dolphins/Jets than the Philly/Giants game on Sunday and I probably should have been more interested in the opposite.

I guess the AFC games have more of a direct impact on the Steelers and this is why I'm more interested in the AFC.

But I'm not sure I can really explain why I'm an AFC snob.

If I had to choose an NFC team to watch, I'd probably go with AZ or Minny. But I don't like the Saints, Philly, Washington, Cowboys, GreenBay, Chicago, etc.

I'd almost rather watch the Browns play the Bengals than 2 of those good teams play one another.

Does this make any sense?

Starter

Re: Do NFC Games Interest You?

I tend to watch the NFL no matter who is playing. I just like watching games When its an NFC game with two teams I don't care about, I tend to watch it differently. I try to pay attention to things I wouldn't normally pay attention to.

I posted this in another thread, but it's more appropriate here:

I find I can't watch games that don't involve the Steelers. First, it's almost all commercials. Second, there is no competition in the league this year. Way too many teams are terrible and two out of every three games are blowouts.

First, I have Sunday Ticket, so I have access to all the games. The only full games I watch are Steelers games. When they arn't playing, I'll flip around to try to follow my fantasy teams.

I find I watch the AFC more, but that's because I think there's been more quality in the AFC over the last couple of years (and games are more relavant to the Steelers as you've said).

Pro Bowler

Any NFL game I can watch. I was watching the Bears/Browns game this weekend.

My football addiction is getting so bad that I watched part of the Baylor v. Nebraska game to see how Baylor's center J.D. Walton held up against Ndamukong Suh.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

When the Steelers aren't playing and I am home on a Sunday, I will watch the Red Zone channel, which bounces from game to game for me. Last night, I watched about half the game while on an elliptical machine at the gym. When it went to commercial, I switched over the World Series, even though I don't really follow baseball. So basically, when the Steelers are on, I need to be 100% focused on the game. For any other game, I'll watch, but I'll also flip around and do other things at the same time. I'm reasonably interested, but typically not enough to invest 3 straight hours devoted to that one game.

not really. i'll check in on them from time to time but, with all the steeler following that i do, i can't waste too much more family/personal time following their side of the field too.

Pro Bowler

Yup. Several reasons ...

- Potential SB matchup
    - Steelers may play one of the teams in the future
    - Baseline for Steelers comparison (how are the LBs, WRs, etc.), especially with good teams
    - NFC games can affect the Steelers' playoff future, albeit minimally (SoS is one of the tie-breaks. We should be rooting for the NFCN in non-Steeler games)

Not really, unless there no other games on. And then, I only wanna watch their "top" teams like minn, NO, gints, etc.. Watching a scrub-fest like a tampa vs. skins games is painful. I'll be watching those teams going, "Why can't we play teams like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Not really, unless there no other games on. And then, I only wanna watch their "top" teams like minn, NO, gints, etc.. Watching a scrub-fest like a tampa vs. skins games is painful. I'll be watching those teams going, "Why can't we play teams like that!"
    We do (Detroit and Cleveland). We just tend to play down to there level so the game stays interesting and my heart rythm increases and then starts skipping beats. I really thought they would give me a break in the SD game but NOOOOOO! I'm on my knees in front of the TV chewing on my terrible towel and praying skippy puts it through the uprights.

Gawd ... I love this game.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Pro Bowler

I'd say "no" considering I watched baseball last night.