Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Ravens run up Donks gut to win? Can we do the same?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Did Ravens run up Donks gut to win? Can we do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    The big problem for the Broncos is going to be their passing game.

Denver just doesn't take shots down field. They throw everything short and try not to make mistakes.

That will allow Pittsburgh to defend a shorter field and get to the QB and make him make mistakes.

Josh McDaniels is trying to run a Tom Brady offense without Tom Brady. It won't work against elite defenses.

We'll be able to stop the run. Get to the QB. And create turnovers.

And our offense has as many weapons as the Saints. It's just a matter of time before we start putting up lots of points.

Denver is in trouble.
    Is Bruce Arians due to be fired? I don't think he has a clue. Against the Vikes.....we go no huddle one time and take it down the field & score. One time. That is against a bad secondary that is also missing a starter. They still haven't figured out 'attacking a teams weakness'. I rewatched the game the next evening, and the center of the secondary was wide open all day long cause the safeties were cheating over to help the CB. Heath should have had a dozen catches.

Mewelde Moore had ZERO catches.

If we had a secondary of Willie Williams, Chad Scott, Ricardo Colclough, and Anthony Smith....I would absolutely thank any team that would come in to play us and try and run the ball anywhere near 50% of the time.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

Denver just doesn't take shots down field. They throw everything short and try not to make mistakes.

That will allow Pittsburgh to defend a shorter field and get to the QB and make him make mistakes.

Josh McDaniels is trying to run a Tom Brady offense without Tom Brady. It won't work against elite defenses.

And our offense has as many weapons as the Saints. It's just a matter of time before we start putting up lots of points.

Denver is in trouble.
    Is Bruce Arians due to be fired? I don't think he has a clue. Against the Vikes.....we go no huddle one time and take it down the field & score. One time. That is against a bad secondary that is also missing a starter. They still haven't figured out 'attacking a teams weakness'. I rewatched the game the next evening, and the center of the secondary was wide open all day long cause the safeties were cheating over to help the CB. Heath should have had a dozen catches.

If we had a secondary of Willie Williams, Chad Scott, Ricardo Colclough, and Anthony Smith....I would absolutely thank any team that would come in to play us and try and run the ball anywhere near 50% of the time.
    Survey says...

We won the Super Bowl last year.
    We are 5-2 so far this year.
    We have the 6th ranked total offense in the league.
    Ben has the 3rd most yardage of any QB in the league.
    Hines has the 5th most yardage of any WR in the league.
    Heath has the 2nd most catches of any TE in the league.

Yeah, let's fire Arians' @$$. Right @#$%ing now. He sucks.

By the way, Mendenhall had 10 carries in that game for 69 yards. It took Adrian Peterson 18 carries to get his 69 yards. You have a RB who is averaging nearly 7 yards a carry in that game, and you want to run less? Brilliant.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Denver is in trouble.
    The problem is that the last team that tried that kind of passing game on us beat us. The Bears used a lot of underneath, quick throws on us very effectively.

We play zone with CB typically 10 yds off their guy, if this is Denver's game they could be successful.

On the D side, in the past, Denver's D-line has always been notably light and small. I have not seen their makeup this year but if they did not add much beef then I think our run game should be fine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

Denver is in trouble.

Survey says...

We won the Super Bowl last year.
    We are 5-2 so far this year.
    We have the 6th ranked total offense in the league.
    Ben has the 3rd most yardage of any QB in the league.
    Hines has the 5th most yardage of any WR in the league.
    Heath has the 2nd most catches of any TE in the league.

Yeah, let's fire Arians' @$$. Right @#$%ing now. He sucks.

By the way, Mendenhall had 10 carries in that game for 69 yards. It took Adrian Peterson 18 carries to get his 69 yards. You have a RB who is averaging nearly 7 yards a carry in that game, and you want to run less? Brilliant.

Yeah...he does suck buddy. Go look at the play by play. We go no huddle one freaking time during the game and drive it for a TD. We struggle passing the ball the rest of the game.

Pretty funny you point out Mendenhalls sucess coming out in the 3rd. Too bad they pretty much only ran him that series. He was gaining yardage that one series because Minny was overcompensating for their poor secondary by dropping more defenders and having their S cheat over to basically stack right behind the damn CB. Mendenhall should have gained a boatload of yardage cause they were attempting to stop the pass. To make them shift back to a run stopping D we needed to pound the ball until they brought more men into the box. Instead he was dumbfounded as to what plays to call. Seriously, he was. Beyond that he only ran on first down like Arians normal uncreative butt likes to do. And for the record, we should be undefeated. People blame the D for letting teams back into games, but we took out foot off the throttle offensively.

Arians doesn't know how to call a complete game. If he were a pitching coach in baseball calling the pitches from the dugout he would be rolling dice for his pitch selection instead of setting hitters up.
    @_Hellgrammite