First Talbot, then Gonchar, then Kennedy, now this:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Malkin to Miss 2-3 Weeks with Shoulder Strain
Thursday, 10.29.2009 / 12:56 PM
By Jason Seidling

Head coach Dan Bylsma announced Thursday that forward Evgeni Malkin will miss 2-3 weeks with a shoulder strain. It is not the same shoulder that kept Malkin out of the lineup during the beginning of the 2006-07 season and the team is being cautious.

"Geno is going to be out of the lineup for a couple of weeks," Bylsma said. "He strained his shoulder about 10 days or so ago. I donít know the exact day. It is precautionary for the player. We are worried about the safety of the shoulder. A couple weeks of rest and rehab will get that thing healthy so he can get back onto the ice.

Befitting a player who had played 254 consecutive regular-season games through Wednesday's action, Malkin was naturally disappointed by the news.

"Obviously he has played with it and could gut it out, which is what Geno would be apt to do," Bylsma said. "At this time of the year the concern is the player and this is a precautionary measure."

Although disappointed, Malkin will accompany the Penguins on their trip to Columbus.

"I can play good, but itís the early season," Malkin said about the injury. "I feel good. Itís not a big problem, and Iím fine. Iíll be watching and supporting the team on the trip. Itíll be fine."

"Itís okay. Itís not the pain. It feels good. Itís because it doesnít feel comfortable now."
With all of these guys missing from the line-up, they recalled Chris Conner from Wilkes-Barre.

Here are the projected lines for tonight's game in Columbus:

Forwards
Kunitz-Crosby-Guerin
Bourque-Staal-Fedotenko
Cooke-Adams-Dupuis
Conner-Rupp-Godard

Defense
Orpik-Letang
Eaton-Skoula
McKee-Goligoski

Netminder
Johnson