3 Stefan Logan PIT 28 7 14 105 0 20 7.5 24 636 0 56 26.5 741
    4 Danny Amendola STL 24 5 8 65 0 14 8.1 29 705 0 58 24.3 885
    5 Darren Sproles SDG 26 6 8 120 1 77 15.0 27 696 0 66 25.8 1206
    6 Clifton Smith TAM 24 6 13 115 0 20 8.8 17 475 0 38 27.9 601
    7 Eric Weems ATL 24 6 10 78 0 20 7.8 16 450 0 62 28.1 561
    8 Andre Caldwell CIN 24 7 24 466 0 39 19.4 734
    9 Jamaal Charles KAN 23 6 23 557 0 53 24.2 793
    10 Percy Harvin MIN 21 7 23 685 2 101 29.8 1007

Looks like he has been doing better than I thought...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Logan

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Where doe s Logan rate or compare to the other NFL returners ?

Does anyone feel he isn't doing a good job ?

I feel he is good, better than what we have had and on the verge of busting loose for a TD.

Only if he had Jeff Reed kicking off to him, he would do a lot better.

Never know, maybe he will have Reed kicking off to him next season.
    He is 13th among returners with at least 6 returns. I chose 6 because every team has played at least 6 games now so that's a minimum of 1 per game (some have played 7 now though)...it's not perfect, but it's something.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICK_RETU RNS&season=2009&seasonType=REG"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... onType=REG[/url]

Edit: Mine is avg/ret

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

thanks for the info NC

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly thought he would have broke one by now. I wouldn't mind seeing Wallace set up deep on KO for some rotation. Add a spark and maybe some competition. Competition always brings out the best. Especially when you are only on the team as a returner. Roster spots are critical and if there is any more effort in Logan's pocket...That should spend it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Putting Logan and Wallace back deep together as dual kick return threats would be interesting...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

putting logan and wallace doing a reverse in the backfield would be nice too

Legend

User Info Menu

Putting Logan on the PS would be my suggestion. I didn't like keeping a player exclusively to return kicks and punts when the Steelers have playmakers on their team that can do the job. If you get one or two returns for TDs during a year it's been a pretty good year. I'd rather have an every down player available rather than Logan.

He seems to be luxury rather than a necessity. I just haven't seen enough ROI for keeping him on the active roster, just my opinion.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Putting Logan on the PS would be my suggestion. I didn't like keeping a player exclusively to return kicks and punts when the Steelers have playmakers on their team that can do the job. If you get one or two returns for TDs during a year it's been a pretty good year. I'd rather have an every down player available rather than Logan.

He seems to be luxury rather than a necessity. I just haven't seen enough ROI for keeping him on the active roster, just my opinion.

Pappy
    I'm of the opposite opinion Pap. I think the guy is dangerous enough that the opponents special teams has to worry about him and try to kick away from him. I'd also like to see him involved in the offense. I think he could be explosive running that WR screen we use so often.

The thing that bothers me more is we seem to have taken a step backwards on our special teams blocking. We are constantly letting 2 or 3 of the defenders run free down the field on punts. On kickoff returns there are very few times that I have seen a lane for him to run through. Our guys need to be a little more enthusiastic blocking for Logan, like the stains are for Cribbs, and then I think you will see some great returns.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have always been one who likes the "personal protector" for the PR guy. Whether it is doing your homework and figuring out which gunner you can single up on or pulling a guy with his hand on the ground to give the PR man a TE/FB to take first man free...I like this concept. You don't see it much in this league anymore. Gunners usually get free anyway and a player standing in front of the returner gives him a quick option and an obstacle for another free player. You don't see it much because communication is difficult if you need to run a "fire" or "peter" call. (That's when the ball is short and you need to clear your teammates away from it.) Good coaching could limit the risk but a PR for a big play or TD really can change a game.

The special teams really is our weak area right now. I would love to see them try this to help the PR. Logan & Wallace deep should give the ST coach for the opposition some extra work during the week.

Cover teams needs help. My first decision would be to make Ratliff inactive gameday if all the CBs are healthy. Burnett is far more aggressive on special teams. Give Lewis a shot. There is nobody who could tell me that Burnett & Lewis active to play special teams wouldn't be a better move than having Ratliff active to play nickel & special teams. I don't think we would give anything up in the secondary with Ratliff inactive. Our special teams need help and I believe Lewis & Burnett active are the answer. We should get a taste in Denver. I believe Clark will be inactive and in Pittsburgh & we should see Burnett & Lewis actice for the game. Burnett looked good last week.

The other thing I would do is beat Reed sensless. Reed...When you are the last guy standing between a KR & the goaline...You have the Steelers defense on your side...You mug the returner like you want him to have your children and hold on to his facemask. Take the penalty...Don't try to hurt the guy...Get your defense on the field and make them earn it. That should have been taught to you in pee-wee...Kicker. I guess you only think you are a "tough guy" off the field. Weak attempt Reed...Weak!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    Among kick returners with double-digit returns, Logan's average of 26.5 yards is 8th in the league. Among punt returners with double digit returns, Logan's average of 7.5 yards is 10th in the league. After having a bottom of the barrel return game, we are now above average, which more than justifies his roster spot. And judging by the fact that he has 2 kick returns over 40 yards, he appears to be on the verge of breaking one.

If you tried to move him to the practice squad, he'd be snatched up, because there are plenty of teams hungry for a potentially explosive young returner (remember when we were so desperate that we actually traded a future draft picks...which we never seem to do...for a washed-up Allen Rossum?). Who would you suggest elevating from the practice squad that would contribute more than Logan does? Bad idea, man.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.