Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Timmons Update....

[quote=SidSmythe]
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    Quote Originally Posted by "sd steel":1zmuee1n
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    I picked on TIMMONS b/c the same week he sprained his ankle, I sprained mine while running!! I was back walking and felt fine in a week and I was picking on him.

UNTIL I started running and cutting and the pain is there.

THEN the pain goes away, but it's still weak.

TODAY I overturned it TWICE while running. The good news is, after about 2 minutes you're ready to go again. So I'm thinking that Timmons is going to deal with this all season.
    Yeah because you tripping over a curb in your front yard and Timmons playing in the NFL and getting rolled up on by a 300 lb dlineman are pretty similar.
    Actually they are ... a whatever grade sprain, is a sprain. Just like breaking ur leg, it's either broken or it isn't
    I was sprinting and rolled up my ankle ... the only difference is he gets better treatment than me
    Sorry to tell you but they aren't, especially a high ankle sprain. You twisting your ankle when you are running as opposed to an ankle having a couple 100 lbs of weight thrown on it in an unnatural position are 2 separate injuries. True they are both called sprains, but a runners sprain is normally where you stretch the ligaments, whereas what the NFL considers a sprain is when the elastic ligaments actually tear. Also a majority of NFL players also tape their ankles to prevent injuries from occuring, so imagine the amount of pressure that is put on a taped ankle to have them listed on the injury report. But if you think your sprained ankle is the same as Timmons then good for you.
    Well he's in much better shape than me and had his ankle taped, I didn't. Plus the way I rolled it was a high ankle sprain, not a low ankle sprain.

ANYWAY, my original point is, ankle sprains just don't heal over a few weeks. Sometimes they take a year to get back to normal and they are at risk. But after the initial incident, you it's easier to deal with. [/quote:1zmuee1n]

But he gets better treatment than you. :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Good news, but the more Key Fox plays, the more I like him.
    Adrian Peterson gained 90% of his receiving yards and about 35% (I think) of his rushing yards after Timmons went out...just sayin It may be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Pappy

True... but it was KeyFox who had the pick 6 that sealed the game. I don't care about the statistics of the opposing team, except for one. A hash mark in the "loss column" for our opponents.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    Adrian Peterson gained 90% of his receiving yards and about 35% (I think) of his rushing yards after Timmons went out...just sayin It may be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

Pappy

True... but it was KeyFox who had the pick 6 that sealed the game. I don't care about the statistics of the opposing team, except for one. A hash mark in the "loss column" for our opponents.
    So that means Fox should start over Timmons?

I rewatched the game last night on NFLN Replay and Timmons was all over the place until he got hurt.

Troy and Timmons are by far the most versatile players on the defense and having them both on the field together as much as possible is invaluable.

They say football is like chess. For you chess players, just think about how many matches you would win if you had 2 queens on your side for every match.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN

Pappy

So that means Fox should start over Timmons?

I rewatched the game last night on NFLN Replay and Timmons was all over the place until he got hurt.

Troy and Timmons are by far the most versatile players on the defense and having them both on the field together as much as possible is invaluable.

They say football is like chess. For you chess players, just think about how many matches you would win if you had 2 queens on your side for every match.
    Who you callin' queens?

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Definitely don't think it was coincidence in regards to the receiving yards. So many check downs to AP right in front/behind the ILBers in the second half.