Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore vs. Denver: Who do we root for?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Baltimore vs. Denver: Who do we root for?

Denver. No question.

Need to win the division and get into the playoffs before you can worry about the road to the superbowl.

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Denver. Our division is our first and foremost concern. I still think the rats are our chief divisional concern and not the bungs. Besides, let Denver believe the hype.

"Root" is a little strong. I hope it's an absolute slugfest with Denver having more points on the scoreboard than the sh!tbirds at the end of the game
    Well, the whole point is that you are ultimately rooting for the Steelers. The fact that other games affect the Steelers means that you are now rooting for the Steelers in the form of a desired result (the one you consider most favorable to your team).

As for our chief divisional concern, I'm not so sure. We like to call them the Bungles, but I'm thinking they are the bigger threat based on what I've seen. Plus they are one game up on the Rats and their next matchup with the Rats is at home.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hard hitting physical tie. Then no one gets the win.

We need to beat both of these teams when we play them. I'd prefer not to have to play Balt 3 times again as they are super physical.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

goooo.............................
    BRONCOS....let them win get beat up a little and then have us beat another undefeated team...and oh yea let the rats lose again,

Backup

User Info Menu

wanting baltimore to win is absurd. winning our division is all that matters at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Denver. Our division is our first and foremost concern. I still think the rats are our chief divisional concern and not the bungs. Besides, let Denver believe the hype.

"Root" is a little strong. I hope it's an absolute slugfest with Denver having more points on the scoreboard than the sh!tbirds at the end of the game
    Well, the whole point is that you are ultimately rooting for the Steelers. The fact that other games affect the Steelers means that you are now rooting for the Steelers in the form of a desired result (the one you consider most favorable to your team).
    Right, I hear you. Which I I said I seek a "slugfest" whereby the rats get a victory but one that does not come without great expenditures of energy and effort. Kinda like how it usually takes us a down and dirty gritty effort to beat the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    As for our chief divisional concern, I'm not so sure. We like to call them the Bungles, but I'm thinking they are the bigger threat based on what I've seen. Plus they are one game up on the Rats and their next matchup with the Rats is at home.
    I realize that the numbers and standings show the bungholes to be our primary competition. My comment was impling that it's my opinion that by the year's end, it will be the felons who will be our greatest obstacle to winning our division. Imo, the ben-gals are not as good as they appear and they will probably implode bungly-stylee at some point this season. But that's purely my opinion and I could obviously turn out to be wrong on this

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't even care about winning the division.... I just want to make the playoffs. Remember the last time the Bengals won the division? Ring #5, baby.

As for Denver vs Baltimore. You gotta root for the Broncos. For serveral reasons:

A) Rooting for the Ravens is just wrong. (Unless we need them to beat the Bengals or something like that)
    B) We play pretty good against undefeated teams. If the Broncos win a tough game, perhaps they over look us. Then we pop em in the mouf'.
    C) A three way race for the division is just messy, i want to see the Ravens as far behind us as possible.
    D) I kind of like Kyle Orton... until a week from next Monday.

Starter

User Info Menu

Agreed. The ratbirds must lose...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not important. The Steelers just need to take care of their own business and nothing else will really matter...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

As much as it pains me to say, the Broncos must win. Division comes first. Plus, I like the big stage it sets for the Primetime game in Denver. The Broncos would be undefeated with the best defense (stats wise) in the league and that will just piss off our defense even more. My prediction for Orten is large amounts of pain either way.