Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another point on the Wallace TD flip

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Another point on the Wallace TD flip

i screamed at the tv. i said there is 15 yds....lucky we did not get it called against us....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was in the chat room and said it was stupid because what if the ball accidentally pops out? You have to get up holding the ball in the endzone and so what if hitting the ground knocks the ball loose? Either way, stupid decision on his part.

Legend

User Info Menu

The entire Raven fan base threw a flag on the flip!

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It wasn't a TD when he flipped. He flipped into the endzone. If he crossed the goaline and then did it...That would have been a penalty. That won't be the case next year from what I'm hearing. You can also do a flip after your score and land on your feet with no penalty. All of these "loop holes" are supposed to be addressed next year. The NFL wants not celebration that could be perceived as taunting or dramatics outside of the game content. Ocho no show celebrations will be no more.

Backup

User Info Menu

Very athletic move...running forward, jumping into a forward flip and not breaking your neck, shoulder, etc.....Its just not needed on the football field....too many bad things can happen as a result...

It screams look at me instead of the team....Hopefully the coaches have a conversation regarding his selfishness and lack of discipline....

But what a great 3rd round pick this kid has been!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    I remember Jack Ham, Franco, Stallworth, Mel Blount and others making great plays and just being all cool about it, like "this is what I do" and "my play speaks for itself" ... no extreme stuff needed.

Also remember when Gus Frerotte knocked himself out doing something stupid after a play. And what about that kicker who blew out his knee celebrating?
    Key Fox acted like he had been there before on his game-winning TD (then again, perhaps he was too exhausted after his runback to even bother with celebrating).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Forget about a flag.

Forget about a possible injury from doing that flip.

If he did that flip and the ball came out [url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09292/1006660-66.stm]when he hit the ground[/url] you just know the refs would have said:
    “Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that ‘if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."
    ...and it would have been an incomplete pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!