Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mendy fumbles again cut parker..

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Mendy fumbles again cut parker..

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile
    overall, i tthink Mendy played well. He average 6.9 a carry against a stout defense. He is getting criticized for one bad play. He left his feet, bad decision, and the ball was punched out. I don't bury Mendenhall for this. On the fumble last week, I felt he was down and it was a bad call. Believe it or not A Peterson acquired a reputation for laying the ball on the ground in his rookie season, and he is considered the best running back in the league, now.

Fumbles happen and I don't lose confidence in Mendenhall for this week's perfromance.
    I think the point is one guy (Parker) is skewered for it and another (Mendy) isn't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    overall, i tthink Mendy played well. He average 6.9 a carry against a stout defense. He is getting criticized for one bad play. He left his feet, bad decision, and the ball was punched out. I don't bury Mendenhall for this. On the fumble last week, I felt he was down and it was a bad call. Believe it or not A Peterson acquired a reputation for laying the ball on the ground in his rookie season, and he is considered the best running back in the league, now.

Fumbles happen and I don't lose confidence in Mendenhall for this week's perfromance.
    I think the point is one guy (Parker) is skewered for it and another (Mendy) isn't.
    Mendy is being skewered for it. Not true, but if you're suggesting that Parker should replace Mendy because of this fumble, I completely disagree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Mendy is being skewered for it. Not true, but if you're suggesting that Parker should replace Mendy because of this fumble, I completely disagree.
    Not sure where you got that idea from.

Read the OP...it's a shot at someone who gives Mendy a pass but comes after Parker every chance he gets.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did notice that he didn't sniff the field after the fumble.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

You get teams like the Giants, Cheats, Broncos, Ravens and they will have their defense keyed to knocking the ball out of Mendenhalls hands.

Mendy needs to wrap up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    nice fumble Mendy ... must of heard willie breathing on the sideline.

Shout out to LVG!!
    Young player mistake leaving his feet. To his credit he was going for extra yards. needs to think before he does that but he was doing it for the right reasons.
    I call that a Ricky Waters fumble. Some times extra effort is bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    And, that in my estimation is a bad idea, Mewelde Moore isn't the back you want in the game when you're trying to ice it. He's a great third down back, but, Mendenhall has to be in the game, regardless of fumbles, yards, etc. Put your best players on the field and play.

I don't want Mendenhall playing and looking over his shoulder because if makes a mistake he gets yanked.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

multiple mistakes 10 carries with 1 fumble and how many carries he have after his last fumble in the game before? now your looking at 2 fumbles inside of 20 carries thats a problem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    And, that in my estimation is a bad idea, Mewelde Moore isn't the back you want in the game when you're trying to ice it. He's a great third down back, but, Mendenhall has to be in the game, regardless of fumbles, yards, etc. Put your best players on the field and play.

I don't want Mendenhall playing and looking over his shoulder because if makes a mistake he gets yanked.

Pappy
    Moore is a good runner, a better receiver than Mendy and most importantly has sure hands. That's why he is in the game at the end. I never feel short changed when Moore is in the backfield. I think he has been pigeon holed into this "3rd down back" role when he could be a starter for many teams in the league. Over the course of his career whenever he has had a chance to start he has performed.

I like the guy ... he makes things happen when he is in the game.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mendy is not the only one who carries the ball like this though. When Santonio had that long catch and run he was holding onto the ball with one hand, not tucked away. I was really concerned someone was going to catch him from behind like they did Ben late in the game. This seems like a littmel more of a widespread problem on this team that someone needs to address.