Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denial is not a river in Spain, Parker

LasVegasGuy

Denial is not a river in Spain, Parker

Steelers' Parker still has starter's mentality

Coach Mike Tomlin said running back Rashard Mendenhall has earned the right to take the majority of snaps as the Steelers move forward toward the middle part of the season.

Willie Parker may not have gotten that memo.

Parker, who has been nursing a turf toe injury for the past three weeks, said Wednesday that the reason why he didn't start last week against Cleveland and won't start this week against Minnesota is because he isn't completely healthy.

"I am not ready to take the load right now," Parker said. "When I am ready, we will make another decision."

Parker has had a daily dialogue with Tomlin and let him know that he is physically unable to carry the ball 25-30 times a game.

"I am not 100 percent," Parker said. "Everybody knows I am not 100 percent. I am not ready to take 30 carries. When I am healthy, I will let you know."

Mendenhall has rushed for 304 yards over the past three weeks, all Steelers victories.

"He is kind of hot right now, so I understand why they want to stay with him," tackle Willie Colon said.

Mendenhall is averaging two more yards per carry than Parker for the season with virtually the same amount of carries.

"I feel like they are confident in me and my abilities and what I can bring to this team," Mendenhall said. "I am sure Willie wants to be out there, too."

Maybe after we cut Willie or don't resign him he will get the picture. Willie you suck, that is why you are not starting it has nothing to do with you not being 100%.

Troy isn't 100% and he is starting, get the picture now ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Denial is not a river in Spain, Parker

i think it is quite clear that mendy will be our running back now and hopefully deep into the future..............we have not heard much of how terrible we are on short ydg situations any more, we can still get better but mendy has a few td runs inside the 2...and he has picked up quite a few first downs dong the same..

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a river in Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopa, and Uganda!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I was mocking Parker and his stupid comments. Besides Denial is not a river. The Nile is and you are correct.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i think it is quite clear that mendy will be our running back now and hopefully deep into the future..............we have not heard much of how terrible we are on short ydg situations any more, we can still get better but mendy has a few td runs inside the 2...and he has picked up quite a few first downs dong the same..
    and our line has even started opening some holes up.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Imagine my shock...another hate thread or post.

Who'd a thunk it?

Backup

User Info Menu

*conflicted* really want Mendy to succeed and Steelers to win, but at same time i have a creeping urge to see Mendy fumble or get broken off to shut up the haters on FWP (who is currently a Steeler ). If he is injured is he injury prone? fumble prone is he fumbles? Mendy that is....
    Hey LVG i know you bought that Mendy jersey last year but think of it like a bottle of wine it will age well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

when was the last time willie was 100%? when may we expect that in the future? how long will his next bout of 100% last?

not a hater, just a realist. we ran WP to the ground. do the steelers want to invest the time to let him heal or simply move on? that's the issue.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I was mocking Parker and his stupid comments. Besides Denial is not a river. The Nile is and you are correct.
    I agree Mendenhall should be the starter, but I don't understand why you hate Willie and want to mock him. I'm glad he wants to start and play. Steeler fans shouldn't hate Steelers. I am simpathetic towards FWP, cause he had a good run with us, and it's about to be over. (and I don't really think you knew where the Nile or Denial was in the first place). Why Spain, and not Las Vegas or Poland or Pittsburgh? If I mocked all the stupid comments you make here regularly I'd have about as many posts as you have.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They will be moving on in the off season but heck if he can help I'm all for him getting some carries right now. I could see FWP having some big 4th quarters down the stretch because defenses will be worn down and he will be able to use his speed to his advantage. I think that both will be needed to reach the ultimate goal and then hopefully a replacement can be found for FWP come April.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>