Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings @ Steelers Prediction Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Vikings @ Steelers Prediction Thread

The more I think about this game the more I think it will be a shoot out just like the Vikes had with the Rats last week.

But [url=http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/local/localUrl?urlId=2146869]Heinz Field is being re-sodded[/url], so on the other hand, that sod has the potential to be loose, causing footing problems affecting all aspects of the game.

They've got injuries (Winfield may not play, Peterson will play, but his ankle injury could affect him) and we've got injuries (Kirschke left the Browns game with a neck injury but will play, Troy hurt his knee on the pick but finished the game against the Browns, Mendy was limited in practice due to his left knee) so who knows what kind of effect, if any, they will have.

Favre is the master of the dink and dunk...but take a deep shot here and there...offense and that's what I expect to see from the Vikes, with a good dose of run mixed in. Dick LeBeau is going to have to dial up a way for the secondary to cover the receivers a bit more closely so the pressure has time to get to Favre.

Ben is showing that he can sling it with the best of them but against this Vikings front 4 they (the OC and the OL) are going to have to find a way to give him time to find the open receivers. Of course we all know Ben can do that himself too, but not every time.

Turnovers will hurt dearly, so the Steelers must protect the ball as if they are protecting the lives of their children.

Weather should not be a factor for either QB regardless of what Ma Nature throws out there.

I still think this is going to be a high scoring affair with a lot of passing from both sides. Both QBs will get their yards, but I expect both run Ds to pretty much neutralize the run games. So passing will be the difference.

Playing at home I expect the Steelers to have the slight advantage in that regard.

The Steelers pass this very tough test to the tune of:

Steelers - 38
    Vikings - 34

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Vikings @ Steelers Prediction Thread

Down to the wire.

Steelers 28
    Vikings 27
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The more I think about this game the more I think it will be a shoot out just like the Vikes had with the Rats last week.

But [url=http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/local/localUrl?urlId=2146869]Heinz Field is being re-sodded[/url], so on the other hand, that sod has the potential to be loose, causing footing problems affecting all aspects of the game.

They've got injuries (Winfield may not play, Peterson will play, but his ankle injury could affect him) and we've got injuries (Kirschke left the Browns game with a neck injury but will play, Troy hurt his knee on the pick but finished the game against the Browns, Mendy was limited in practice due to his left knee) so who knows what kind of effect, if any, they will have.

Favre is the master of the dink and dunk...but take a deep shot here and there...offense and that's what I expect to see from the Vikes, with a good dose of run mixed in. bad word LeBeau is going to have to dial up a way for the secondary to cover the receivers a bit more closely so the pressure has time to get to Favre.

Ben is showing that he can sling it with the best of them but against this Vikings front 4 they (the OC and the OL) are going to have to find a way to give him time to find the open receivers. Of course we all know Ben can do that himself too, but not every time.

Turnovers will hurt dearly, so the Steelers must protect the ball as if they are protecting the lives of their children.

Weather should not be a factor for either QB regardless of what Ma Nature throws out there.

I still think this is going to be a high scoring affair with a lot of passing from both sides. Both QBs will get their yards, but I expect both run Ds to pretty much neutralize the run games. So passing will be the difference.

Playing at home I expect the Steelers to have the slight advantage in that regard.

The Steelers pass this very tough test to the tune of:

Steelers - 38
    Vikings - 34

I agree with most of your post with one caveat. I think it is time this Steeler team woke up and laid a good old fashioned Black and Gold beating on a good team. They are way too talented to allow teams to hang in the way they have.

We are all falling into this Fantasy Football crap mode. It is time to break some bones and dominate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers- 30
    Vikings - 24 IN OVERTIME!!! Yea Baby!!!!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'm making the trip all the way from Lima, Peru! Admittedly it's to attend a wedding on the 31st but I figured why not get there a week earlier to take in a Steeler game! I leave tonight and I can't wait!

Anyway, I see this as a close high scoring game as well. The Steelers take a 31-20 lead late into the game and the Vikings close the gap and mount a late but failed comeback.

Vikings 28
    Steelers 31
    Primanti Sandwiches Consumed Over/Under: 2 (take the over)
    My Steeler Blog:
    [url="http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports"]http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

our beloved stillers 30
    purple people eaters 17

big ben has 400 yds again, but it will be underminded to brett favres 3 interceptions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers 33, Vikings 30.

Skippy redeems himself with a game-winning 49 yarder with 3 second remaining on the clock.

Then he proceeds to get arrested after celebrating the game winning kick by urinating ont he field.

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers win. I'm thinking it comes down to who has the ball last, with the Steelers using a short passing game to move the ball and control the clock.

Harrsion, strip/sack of Farve to ice the game.

Steelers 28
    Vikings 24

Legend

User Info Menu

I might feel different if this game was in Minnesota, but we're home so.....

Steelers - 27
    Vikings - 17

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see Winfield playing and I have a feeling AP (If he plays at all) will not be himself. Favre's style plays right into the Steelers. He likes to go vertical and he holds the ball for his WRs to work (Sound familiar?). Favre has been very "Un-Favre'ish" and has taken care of the football. I think more will be put on his plate this game in the passing game than all season. Down to the wire with the Vikings needing a TD to tie...But the Steelers D shows up...Finally!!!

Steelers-31
    Vikings-24