Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
Everyone tends to forget that, yes, at the end of 07 we were without Smitty but we were also without Troy!!! Neither one of them played in December. Troy came back for the playoff game against Jax but was far from 100 percent. Just sayin'....it could make a difference. Plus we didn't have young guys like Ziggy and Rashon!!
thats a very good point. the depth at d-line isnt great but its a heck of a lot better than it was in 2007
I don't think this will be as bad as 2007. I think we will be a little more vulnerable to the run and will give up more yards but I think Ziggy might bele to do more damage on passing downs than Smith. Ziggy is a penetrator who can beat a man one on one. This ability could also help Woodley by causing more disruption and penetration on the left side.
i still have nightmares of fred taylor and david gerrard running wild against the steelers d. it definetly wont be as bad as 2007 and i think you are right about ziggy's penetrating ability. he has more speed than smith so i dont think there will be a drop off in pass rush. run defense is another story and i pray it helps out woodley because he needs to step it up big time. in woodley's defense though its only 5 games into the season and he is still a young player. im not all that worried. it was nice to see him get a couple sacks last week.