Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tomlin a poor excuse for a coach?

Starter

User Info Menu

Is Tomlin a poor excuse for a coach?

Question: Isn't it obvious yet that Mike Tomlin is a poor excuse for a coach? His first two drafts stunk and the defense is showing its age now that Troy's out. The players won the Super Bowl, not the coach; extending Tomlin's contract will mean the competitive death of this team.

John Hardaway, Locust Grove, Va.

BOUCHETTE: I wondered how long it would take for this kind of reaction. Three games after his team won the Super Bowl in his second season and you want to run him out of town? His first team also won the division despite a spate of injuries. The Steelers are 1-2, having lost both games by three points, one in overtime, both on the road. Plus, his first two drafts -- they are not solely his drafts, by the way, they do have scouts and a personnel department -- did not stink. The first draft under his tenure included linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, who contributed greatly to that No. 1 defense and a Super Bowl victory last season. So too did current starting corner William Gay. He's also the one who installed James Harrison as a starter, and all Harrison did was set the Steelers' sack record and earn NFL defensive player of the year. I'd say that Tomlin has been a resounding success and the Steelers remained thrilled with their choice of him as their head coach.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09273/1001914-367.stm#ixzz0ShyI2AP9"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09273/10 ... z0ShyI2AP9[/url]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

LasVegasGuy

Re: Is Tomlin a poor excuse for a coach?

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Question: Isn't it obvious yet that Mike Tomlin is a poor excuse for a coach? His first two drafts stunk and the defense is showing its age now that Troy's out. The players won the Super Bowl, not the coach; extending Tomlin's contract will mean the competitive death of this team.

John Hardaway, Locust Grove, Va.

BOUCHETTE: I wondered how long it would take for this kind of reaction. Three games after his team won the Super Bowl in his second season and you want to run him out of town? His first team also won the division despite a spate of injuries. The Steelers are 1-2, having lost both games by three points, one in overtime, both on the road. Plus, his first two drafts -- they are not solely his drafts, by the way, they do have scouts and a personnel department -- did not stink. The first draft under his tenure included linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, who contributed greatly to that No. 1 defense and a Super Bowl victory last season. So too did current starting corner William Gay. He's also the one who installed James Harrison as a starter, and all Harrison did was set the Steelers' sack record and earn NFL defensive player of the year. I'd say that Tomlin has been a resounding success and the Steelers remained thrilled with their choice of him as their head coach.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09273/1001914-367.stm#ixzz0ShyI2AP9"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09273/10 ... z0ShyI2AP9[/url]
    Wow! That John Hardaway from Virginia sounds like a racist

Starter

User Info Menu

Hahaha, no he just sounds like you!

Legend

User Info Menu

I went to college in Virgina. Trust me, there is no shortage of morons in that state.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

im not the biggest fan of tomlin, i think there are better game day coaches out there, but you have to give the guy some props, he won the super bowl in his second yr, i dont care if it is a result of coming into a good situation or not

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis

Good one. With your humor will you be headlining somewhere soon?

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I went to college in Virgina. Trust me, there is no shortage of morons in that state.
    Isn't Tomlin from Virginia. Way to come to his aid?

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    im not the biggest fan of tomlin, i think there are better game day coaches out there, but you have to give the guy some props, he won the super bowl in his second yr, i dont care if it is a result of coming into a good situation or not
    So you don't care if we end up with a Barry Switzer, who by the way, walked into a good situation?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

But he does sound like you and True Fan...

No joke.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

But he does sound like you and True Fan...

No joke.
    There is someone (True Fan) other then me who doesn't believe in Tomlin? I must be missing their posts.