Is that you Crash? HHH maybe?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: watched the replay last night..

Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    other than lack of turnovers and letting the bungles hang around, this is what bother me most....
    we were up 20-9 when cincy ran the fake punt, they got the first down and than finished the drive with a missed 52 yd field goal early in the fourth qtr.....so it is the FOURTH qtr, we have the ball near midfield with an 11 point lead and we lose the game??? that is what was bothering me more than anything, unreal
    You are correct. That's when we needed to put our foot on their throat.

I'm trying to remember something I don't want to remember, but isn't that the drive Sweed dropped the TD pass? Which would mean we DID put our foots on their throats, it was just Limas had his hands around his.
    no it was when we decided to go turtle and run-run-pass. 3 and out...punt. we should have gone hurry up and put the game away with a TD or at least FG.
    up 20-9 and we want the hurry up? This is nonsense.. we now are begging for Madden style football. if we had 3 incompletions then its "why didn't we burn the clock?"

blame the D, Sweeds drop and Holmes missed hot read.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Turtle Ball sux ----- the Big Package probably has few if any audible possibilities, and zero No-Huddle offense. No killer instinct, just wait for the end and hope to hold on, and like a coward die a thousand deaths along the way. It still pixxes me off on Thursday.

other than lack of turnovers and letting the bungles hang around, this is what bother me most....
    we were up 20-9 when cincy ran the fake punt, they got the first down and than finished the drive with a missed 52 yd field goal early in the fourth qtr.....so it is the FOURTH qtr, we have the ball near midfield with an 11 point lead and we lose the game??? that is what was bothering me more than anything, unreal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Of course they'd pick that game for NFL replay. They just love their Bengals and Carson Palmer. I don't know how you watched it. That game makes me sick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    Of course they'd pick that game for NFL replay. They just love their Bengals and Carson Palmer. I don't know how you watched it. That game makes me sick.
    They usually try to pick "big" games or "close" games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm trying to remember something I don't want to remember, but isn't that the drive Sweed dropped the TD pass? Which would mean we DID put our foots on their throats, it was just Limas had his hands around his.
    no it was when we decided to go turtle and run-run-pass. 3 and out...punt. we should have gone hurry up and put the game away with a TD or at least FG.
    I am surprised why Steelers did not go no huddle when they were struggling in 4Q.

I think Tomlin thought Defense will bail out Steelers once more and unfortunately it did not work out.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

up 20-9 and we want the hurry up? This is nonsense.. we now are begging for Madden style football. if we had 3 incompletions then its "why didn't we burn the clock?"

blame the D, Sweeds drop and Holmes missed hot read.

Thank you for being the lone voice of reason on this. You have a lead and you want to burn clock. Now, we may have gone about it in a different way, but you don't go no huddle in that situation.