Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Bouchette chat

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ed Bouchette chat

thats good that he says that troy is aiming to come back next week (lions)...
    e.b. gets on my nerves, very arrogant and cocky, he has a great job and he knows it, so he makes people that ask him questions feel like idiots...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    e.b. gets on my nerves, very arrogant and cocky, he has a great job and he knows it, so he makes people that ask him questions feel like idiots...
    ive always felt this way about douchette. most of his rudeness is really not warrented. if people are so stupid why does he bother to do it?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    ive always felt this way about douchette. most of his rudeness is really not warrented. if people are so stupid why does he bother to do it?
    People are stupid, but the paper makes him do it anyway...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quite a contrast between Douchette and Lolley. Lolley writes a blog and responds to the questions in the comments, without the sarcasm. He really communicates with the audience, which as a reader of his blog, I appreciate. You can tell that Douchette hates the chats, but he fails to realize that he needs an audience to have a job.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quite a contrast between Douchette and Lolley. Lolley writes a blog and responds to the questions in the comments, without the sarcasm. He really communicates with the audience, which as a reader of his blog, I appreciate. You can tell that Douchette hates the chats, but he fails to realize that he needs an audience to have a job.
    it just is terrible that somebody can be so lucky to cover the steelers for a living and than act like a total arrogant prick to loyal fans asking his opinion on steeler topics, that really gets on my nerves, i hope that the PG cuts back and gets rid of him, maybe we than could see how smart he is as a smartass then

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmm...Wasn't it Mendenhall who ran into Ben on a handoff exchange? Hope this isn't a theme.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Hmm...Wasn't it Mendenhall who ran into Ben on a handoff exchange? Hope this isn't a theme.
    The hole was directly behind Ben...I remember that play well...I saw Kemo pulling right behind him and clearing the way. Ben got in the way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":dy3xqlyw
    The hole was directly behind Ben...I remember that play well...I saw Kemo pulling right behind him and clearing the way. Ben got in the way.[/quote:dy3xqlyw]

I wish we had a replay on that one. If Kemo was pulling that would put the trap in the 4 or 6 hole. The one directly behind Ben strongside is the 2. You never trap the 2 hole. Traps are designed by player or gap. Most of the Steelers traps are first man past head up guard. So if you recall Kemo pulling the hole was wider. If Mendenhall runs into Ben on that play...He must have thought it was a dive. I not 100% sure...But I thought Ben opened right and Mendenhall basicly ran into the back of him and Ben kept it. I also remember another play where Mendenhall pinched the handoff from Ben and had to restart because he almost ran him over. Not to dispute either plays...The point was I could recall 2 plays in 3 games where either Mendenhall was in and the handoff was screwed up. If I had the replays I could pretty much figure it out. It didn't happen when Willie was in there. So the point is Mendenhall's possible preparation or lack there of.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY][quote="stlrz d":3mvui7r7]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3mvui7r7
    The hole was directly behind Ben...I remember that play well...I saw Kemo pulling right behind him and clearing the way. Ben got in the way.[/quote:3mvui7r7]

I wish we had a replay on that one. If Kemo was pulling that would put the trap in the 4 or 6 hole. The one directly behind Ben strongside is the 2. You never trap the 2 hole. Traps are designed by player or gap. Most of the Steelers traps are first man past head up guard. So if you recall Kemo pulling the hole was wider. If Mendenhall runs into Ben on that play...He must have thought it was a dive. I not 100% sure...But I thought Ben opened right and Mendenhall basicly ran into the back of him and Ben kept it. I also remember another play where Mendenhall pinched the handoff from Ben and had to restart because he almost ran him over. Not to dispute either plays...The point was I could recall 2 plays in 3 games where either Mendenhall was in and the handoff was screwed up. If I had the replays I could pretty much figure it out. It didn't happen when Willie was in there. So the point is Mendenhall's possible preparation or lack there of.[/quote:3mvui7r7]

It's possible, but you're mentioning two plays now. I remember one where Ben took the snap, turned around to hand it to Mendy and Mendy ran into him as the hole opened up behind Ben. It looked to me like Ben turned to the wrong side and instead of there just being a hand holding a ball for Mendy there was Ben's entire body. On that particular play Mendy did eventually get the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3qpzdufm][quote="stlrz d":3qpzdufm]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3qpzdufm
    The hole was directly behind Ben...I remember that play well...I saw Kemo pulling right behind him and clearing the way. Ben got in the way.[/quote:3qpzdufm]

I wish we had a replay on that one. If Kemo was pulling that would put the trap in the 4 or 6 hole. The one directly behind Ben strongside is the 2. You never trap the 2 hole. Traps are designed by player or gap. Most of the Steelers traps are first man past head up guard. So if you recall Kemo pulling the hole was wider. If Mendenhall runs into Ben on that play...He must have thought it was a dive. I not 100% sure...But I thought Ben opened right and Mendenhall basicly ran into the back of him and Ben kept it. I also remember another play where Mendenhall pinched the handoff from Ben and had to restart because he almost ran him over. Not to dispute either plays...The point was I could recall 2 plays in 3 games where either Mendenhall was in and the handoff was screwed up. If I had the replays I could pretty much figure it out. It didn't happen when Willie was in there. So the point is Mendenhall's possible preparation or lack there of.[/quote:3qpzdufm]

It's possible, but you're mentioning two plays now. I remember one where Ben took the snap, turned around to hand it to Mendy and Mendy ran into him as the hole opened up behind Ben. It looked to me like Ben turned to the wrong side and instead of there just being a hand holding a ball for Mendy there was Ben's entire body. On that particular play Mendy did eventually get the ball.[/quote:3qpzdufm]
    I remember that play. If that is the one where you said Kemo was pulling behind him the play should have been right between Essex-Colon or Colon TE (If there was one). I too can't remember what way Ben opened. Then again, on a counter trap the QB opens away from the play...RB counter steps away...And takes the handoff going back playside from the QB on a 180 handoff. So without hearing what happened...We can only speculate. I seem to recall a play....I thought it was the Titans...Where Mendy went the wrong way and Ben just kept the ball and ran straight ahead for a big 36 inch gain.