Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker getting all the carries this week?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Parker getting all the carries this week?

Did you guys see this yet?

Parker will not lose any series of carries to Rashard Mendenhall in Week 3, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports. "It's still Willie's ball," Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians stated.

Recommendation: The rotation of one Mendenhall series to every two for Parker per half will remain true for another week. Fast Willie was out-gained in total yards by Mendenhall in Week 2, highlighted by a 39-yard run by the second-year back, but it's not enough to take away carries from Parker yet. However, Parker has to realize the team will have to eventually give more touches to his apprentice if Fast Willie's struggles continue. He has had success against Cincinatti throughout his career (six touchdowns in seven games while averaging just over 100 yards rushing per game) and he'll need to have some Sunday if he is to continue holding off his backup.

(Rotowire.com)

What is wrong with Arians? Yes I understand Parker is a Rhythm runner but Mendenhall needs to get some carries and should have been getting more up until this point already. Now he's going to be held out without carries? The top paragraph does say one thing though and the bottom contradicts it but still. Not giving the ball to Mendenhall makes zero sense. He has better vision, is more explosive, can actually catch and he's certainly more physical. All things we've hardly been able to see because he's getting dick for carries each week. Mendenhall's skill and ability was showcased on the pass in which he fell down and still picked up the first down and then he actually hit a hole with good burst and ran for the longest run we've had since 07. I'm getting frustrated with this crap.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Parker getting all the carries this week?

Meh I think I read that wrong. Blonde moment. It's stating he won't lose ANY more carries as in Mendenhall is ONLY going to get the 3rd series and no more. EIther way Mendenhall needs to get more carries and I think he showcases that this week.

Excuse my mis-post.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Once is an occurance, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend.

Dont worry brother, if this keeps up, things will change.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't fret guys ...Willie will be injured soon enough.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Tunch...the play Mendy had the 39 yards on was the same one from the Super Bowl and Willie would have taken it for a score.

I'm happy with the 39 yards...but I'm just sayin'....

Administrator

User Info Menu

When he took it to the house in the SB, he was Fast Willie. He's no longer got that type of speed or burst.

WP will have a good week this week against the Bengals but he always does. WP always plays decent against subpar defenses. The second we play someone like the Bears, Titans, Ravens, etc he'll be back to his "tap dancing" show in the backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    When he took it to the house in the SB, he was Fast Willie. He's no longer got that type of speed or burst.

WP will have a good week this week against the Bengals but he always does. WP always plays decent against subpar defenses. The second we play someone like the Bears, Titans, Ravens, etc he'll be back to his "tap dancing" show in the backfield.
    The guys who see him every day say he's still one of the fastest guys on the team. Wallace is faster...no one else.

He is certainly much faster than Mendy. I didn't say that makes him better...I was just commenting about one play. And I agree with Tunch on that play. Parker gets a hole that huge to the outside and he's taking it to paydirt.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Parker is done as a starter in this league after the Steelers don't resign him after this year.

He's a backup/compliment back. That's it. Nothing less, nothing more.

He has some of the worst vision, and "juke moves" than I've seen as a starter in this league.

Legend

User Info Menu

By the way, just a question for you...when's the last time any Steelers back had a good day against the Ravens?

I'll never understand the hate directed at guys simply because they play for us but aren't one of the best in the NFL at their respective positions.

We can't be stacked at every spot. It just doesn't work like that. Pick any team with a dominant running back and I'll show you a weakness in another area of that team because of it.

While I enjoy fantasy football, I agree with Oveido that FF has greatly distorted many people's opinions on players.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's not just the ravens ... it's any decent defense. It has nothing to do with fantasy football.

His field vision is terrible, he can't break any tackles, and he can't fake anyone out to gain any additional yardage. Someone lays a pinkey on the guy and he falls to the ground.

I used to be a huge Parker support. But his time is done and I wish him the best once he moves on after this year. He's got a big heart and I never question the guy's commitment or work ethic. It's is overall skill at the position. He's a complement back. He's not an every down player in this league even without his 3rd down duties. He's a change of pace guy. I personally think Mendenhall should start the games and they should alternate much more than what they're doing.

Some people like to analyze the team with black and gold goggles on. I call it as I see it.