Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalk Talk with Tunch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chalk Talk with Tunch

I don't know if you guys watch this but it gives some nice breakdowns of coach's films weekly. See what the coaches see.

[url="http://www.steelers.com/multimedia/MediaCenter/"]http://www.steelers.com/multimedia/MediaCenter/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Chalk Talk with Tunch

And, that's why us armchair defensive coordinators and offensive coordinators never really know what is happening on the field and what responsibilities each player has. Both Chicago touchdowns were defensed well, Cutler just made better plays than our defenders. Farrior didn't bite on the pump fake left, but was still a step late getting in the passing lane and Cutler made the perfect throw, it happens.

The second TD Timmons has his hands up and Carter allowed Knox inside release and is a step late, Gay gets caught as Tunch put it "in no man's land" and Cutler throws a strike, it happens.

That being said, it will be nice to have Polamalu back on the field in a few weeks, hopefully.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't have that much beef with our defense really. Our offense completely blows, at least by what they have shown.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    And, that's why us armchair defensive coordinators and offensive coordinators never really know what is happening on the field and what responsibilities each player has. Both Chicago touchdowns were defensed well, Cutler just made better plays than our defenders. Farrior didn't bite on the pump fake left, but was still a step late getting in the passing lane and Cutler made the perfect throw, it happens.

The second TD Timmons has his hands up and Carter allowed Knox inside release and is a step late, Gay gets caught as Tunch put it "in no man's land" and Cutler throws a strike, it happens.

That being said, it will be nice to have Polamalu back on the field in a few weeks, hopefully.

Pappy
    It will be nice when Troy gets back. The one play with Farrior you refered to...It looked like Farrior had the RB man-to-man and was mirroring him. Most times a LB will stay deep to the LOS and make sure he is blocking. Then drop in a shallow zone and control the hash. That is exactly what it looked like Farrior was doing but like you said he was a step late getting there. I don't care if Carter had an injury or not. After seeing Knox during the game I would call off any formation coverage adjustment that had Knox matched up with a safety 1 on 1 unless the S was Troy. Personally I would hang that on myself if I was the coach and I let that happen that late in the game. The good thing about the highlights from week 1 and 2 is the play of the OL. I understand it was a fraction of the plays but it is what I saw on gameday live speed. This OL is a few mental breakdown eliminations a game away from being a good OL. It gets better with playing time together and that is evident from last year to this. Essex is the only OL that I see who needs to look over his shoulder. For the most part, he is the one getting beat physically more than the other guys. The other guys are beating themselves mentally. I hope Urbik is hitting the weights as hard as the playbook because it looks like that spot is still up for grabs.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I don't have that much beef with our defense really. Our offense completely blows, at least by what they have shown.
    Arian's is the one who blows...there is no reason with the talent on offense that we should not put more points on the board.
    That hole was a thing of beauty that Mendy ran thru. Let's hope we start to see more of that soon.
    [url="http://steelersal.forummotion.com/forum.htm"]http://steelersal.forummotion.com/forum.htm[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Arian's is the one who blows...there is no reason with the talent on offense that we should not put more points on the board.
    That hole was a thing of beauty that Mendy ran thru. Let's hope we start to see more of that soon.
    If Arians and his gameplans blow, then you gotta blame Tomlin. He has total control. He could of axed Arians after the Superbowl if he wanted and he has the right to tell Arians to shove his gameplan up his butt and to do this or that.

I don't agree that we NEED the run to be successful. We NEED to go no huddle and tear teams apart without giving them time to change personel. In week one against Tennessee we go no huddle, march right down the field, and then call a timeout once we reach the redzone so they can swap out their tired personel. That, is retarded.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

On the TD pass to knox, why was gay sent on a blitz while carter (our worst coverage guy in the secondary, starters or second string) was left man to man. That was really strange. if you are going to blitz then why not send carter and let gay get the coverage. i don't know, just seemed strange.

Legend

User Info Menu

With no Savran on SportsBeat anymore, it is good to know that the Tunch-a-strator lives on. Now they just have to stop saying "The eye in the sky doesn't lie" simultaneously at the beginning and end, and they'll be golden.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link. I'm on a short break at work right now but will take a look at this later tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    On the TD pass to knox, why was gay sent on a blitz while carter (our worst coverage guy in the secondary, starters or second string) was left man to man. That was really strange. if you are going to blitz then why not send carter and let gay get the coverage. i don't know, just seemed strange.
    That's why they said they screwed up and should have switched.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    With no Savran on SportsBeat anymore, it is good to know that the Tunch-a-strator lives on. Now they just have to stop saying "The eye in the sky doesn't lie" simultaneously at the beginning and end, and they'll be golden.
    Agreed.

Btw, how about Labs sportin' that SB ring...looks even bigger on someone with normal sized hands.