Thread: Trade FWP

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Trade FWP

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Neither team will do this. Parker has zero trade value. Johnson has little. Parker is hobbled and a speed guy. RB is not the Chiefs problem. Niether is signed long term either, so both teams would need to set up contracts before the trade would go through.
    If this was Madden '10, its a great trade idea.
    Exactly. Neither is signed long term so there is little risk. Parker will probably be gone after this season anyhow. I am not a fan of L.J.'s past behavior but I think he would relish the chance to play for a winner and a new contract. The risk here is minimal. The reward could be awesome.
    i agree the possible reward would be far greater than the risk. it worked for moss and the pats. sometimes a change of scenery and situation makes a huge difference for a player. LJ is a bit of a mental midgit, but at least he isnt a total jerk like moss or T.O.
    IMO, he is a total jerk. The guy has been arrested four times since '03 for domestic violence. I'll pass.
    oh wow i didnt know that. nevermind then, no way i would want LJ on the steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Neither team will do this. Parker has zero trade value. Johnson has little. Parker is hobbled and a speed guy. RB is not the Chiefs problem. Niether is signed long term either, so both teams would need to set up contracts before the trade would go through.
    If this was Madden '10, its a great trade idea.
    Exactly. Neither is signed long term so there is little risk. Parker will probably be gone after this season anyhow. I am not a fan of L.J.'s past behavior but I think he would relish the chance to play for a winner and a new contract. The risk here is minimal. The reward could be awesome.
    i agree the possible reward would be far greater than the risk. it worked for moss and the pats. sometimes a change of scenery and situation makes a huge difference for a player. LJ is a bit of a mental midgit, but at least he isnt a total jerk like moss or T.O.
    IMO, he is a total jerk. The guy has been arrested four times since '03 for domestic violence. I'll pass.
    oh wow i didnt know that. nevermind then, no way i would want LJ on the steelers
    Yea, I was going to say Bettis was considered a "troubled guy" when we got him from the Rams, but I don't think he was that "troubled". I'll pass on LJ.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you think the Steelers can afford him (which we can't), then wait for him to be a free agent. Trading and signing doesn't help us unless we know he wants to stay.
    And KC would laugh at us on the phone if we went to them with this offer. We have drafted Mendenhall for a roll that LJ would fill.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you think the Steelers can afford him (which we can't), then wait for him to be a free agent. Trading and signing doesn't help us unless we know he wants to stay.
    And KC would laugh at us on the phone if we went to them with this offer. We have drafted Mendenhall for a roll that LJ would fill.

I highly doubt they would laugh. They almost cut him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What has traditionally been an elixir of healing for a loss (for the Steelers)? the Bungles
    What usually can cure an ailing running game? Answer: the Bungles

If FWP can't get well against them, that's a serious strike against.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    What has traditionally been an elixir of healing for a loss (for the Steelers)? the Bungles
    What usually can cure an ailing running game? Answer: the Bungles

If FWP can't get well against them, that's a serious strike against.
    I hope the team does not go into the game thinking this way.