Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: last thing about the bear game

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

last thing about the bear game

We all love Logan and the excitement he brings, but that fumble he had towards the end of the game is really going under the radar. Had he held onto the ball we had 12 seconds left and the ball at the 37. Now, odds are we still lose the game, 12 seconds with no timeouts left is quite a longshot, but still, you never know. I hope he learned from that, I hope he feels bad about it and protect the ball from here on out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: last thing about the bear game

Maybe it's the cynic in me (I was always waiting for Skippy to miss a big field goal for us last year and it never happened), but I have been waiting for the shoe to drop on Logan, and he did indeed fumble in the Bears game. That being said, it wasn't exactly a pivotal moment . . . I really don't see how we were going to be able to march up the field in 12 seconds with no timeouts. Honestly, I'm just very pessimistic about this stuff, it's the Pirates fan in me. I still really like what he adds to the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Maybe it's the cynic in me (I was always waiting for Skippy to miss a big field goal for us last year and it never happened), but I have been waiting for the shoe to drop on Logan, and he did indeed fumble in the Bears game. That being said, it wasn't exactly a pivotal moment . . . I really don't see how we were going to be able to march up the field in 12 seconds with no timeouts. Honestly, I'm just very pessimistic about this stuff, it's the Pirates fan in me. I still really like what he adds to the team.

im the same way, on kick returns and field goals, i am just sitting there every time with te feeling that something bad will happen, the odd thing is that going into each week i say we win, i agree i guess it is the pirate fan in me just waiting for one bad play that brings us down....

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers return game has been bad for so long, that all I want in a return man is to catch the ball, secure the ball and fall down to give Ben the ball and a chance to score points. Even when the Steelers get a good return, I sit and wish him simply to fall and hold on to the ball. Get the offense the ball and don't do anything bad. That's why I wasn't happy to keep Logan and still would rather have a positional player on the active squad.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

there was nothing wrong last year with starting on the 30 yd line or even at the 20, Ben has drove down the field 90 plus yards a million times, it is nice to have good field position but it is not worth it if your return guy fumbles a few times a year.....I liked logan too, but i was scared that he would be a guy that would not know when to go down and cost us a game, it really did not cost us against chicago, but i hope he learned from it...

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben lead our offense to 14 pts. in 59 plus minutes. I guess you could say 20 pts. if you tack on the two missed FG's. But after the Bears went ahead my feeling was our only chance was if Logan busts off a huge return. Maybe Logan felt the same way, I don't know.

Ben needs that much time to run one play with the amount of pump fakes in a typical pass play. Not hating on Ben......to much.

Does anyone know if Roy Lewis is still in Seatle?? I wish we Kept him and sent Tyrone Carter packing. Mad hit on Olsen though!

Legend

User Info Menu

He was putting forth an extra effort in desperation time. I'm not concerned.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

That's the way I was looking at it also.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

That's the way I was looking at it also.
    Yup. At that point (12 seconds left with no timeouts), we were much more likely to score on a kickoff return than on a hail mary pass. Logan went balls out, and ironically the ball came out.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My main concern with him in the beginning was fumbling the football. I have a feeling we will see more of it.