Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss to the Bears

Loss to the Bears

First of all, if you watched the WVU/Auburn game on Saturday night, then you saw a preview of the Steelers/Bears game. Heavy rains, offense initially marches up and down the field and looks like its going to be a cakewalk, QB throws an interception down the right sideline near the end zone, QB falls apart and starts throwing flubbers, other team wins. Talk about a crappy weekend if they are both your teams!

Anyway, this loss did not hurt me (nearly) as much as others. Why? The field sucked; new sod, slippery as heck. The Steelers D is based on timing and speed. Harrison and Woodley couldn't use all of their moves to get to the QB and the secondary was slowed down by a split second, which is all Cutler needed. If it doesnt rain, the Steelers win easily (unfortunately).

Re: Loss to the Bears

We used to be that team who could win in the slop.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    We used to be that team who could win in the slop.
    We used to be the team that ran the ball to set up the run.......lol

Stillers and Mounties both lost, my only consulation is that I got my first Fantasy Football win!!!! (sorry RB )

Pro Bowler

we outgained them but we did not put them away, what really kind of worries me is the bears had two third and goals from the outside the 5, that they scored on, that is not steeler defense, if you get outside the 5 ever, than you should just kick even on first down bc you dont score.........

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    we outgained them but we did not put them away, what really kind of worries me is the bears had two third and goals from the outside the 5, that they scored on, that is not steeler defense, if you get outside the 5 ever, than you should just kick even on first down bc you dont score.........
    Two words for you on this one: Troy Polamalu

Did you see the look on his face after the TD on the 97 yard drive? He had a look of, "no way that happens if I'm in the game."

The offense is going to have to pick up some slack over the next few games while Troy is healing.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    Two words for you on this one: Troy Polamalu

Did you see the look on his face after the TD on the 97 yard drive? He had a look of, "no way that happens if I'm in the game."

The offense is going to have to pick up some slack over the next few games while Troy is healing.

Pappy

i agree, but i am trying to think that we have 10 other players who can stop that too though, when troy is out there it looks like we have 12 players, it just killed me that they scored twice from the position where they were......i agree the offense needs to pick it up...troy got hurt sept 10 which by the time we play san diego will be 24 days, any chance he plays since it was a 3-6 week injury

Pro Bowler

If it wasn't for the roughing call on Harrison in the end zone, I doubt that the Bears would have completed that long drive. That changed momentum for them.

Colin Cowherd just said on ESPN that we will lose to the Bungles this Sunday. He is such a douche.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    If it wasn't for the roughing call on Harrison in the end zone, I doubt that the Bears would have completed that long drive. That changed momentum for them.

Colin Cowherd just said on ESPN that we will lose to the Bungles this Sunday. He is such a douche.
    That call was on 3rd down and we had stopped them, so you are correct.

Pro Bowler

Thanks. I didn't remember if that was second or third down. I watched a few minutes of the replay last night and started to get pissed so I turned it off. There is no way that we should have lost that game.