Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More fodder for the discussion fire

Legend

User Info Menu

More fodder for the discussion fire

This O is still killing me.

When the offense is flat, the D carries it. When the D is flat, the offense should carry it.

Well?

I still think that there are systemic issues on the offense, and that falls on BA. That means it ultimately falls on Tomlin.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: More fodder for the discussion fire

Not much fodder really. On a rainy day, the D should have an easier job than the O.
    They lost, blame it on Tomlin if you like, but also give him his Super Bowl Championship in his second year. The team is doing OK. We aren't designed to go 19-0. Noone is. Its the NFL.
    End of fodder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Not much fodder really. On a rainy day, the D should have an easier job than the O.
    They lost, blame it on Tomlin if you like, but also give him his Super Bowl Championship in his second year. The team is doing OK. We aren't designed to go 19-0. Noone is. Its the NFL.
    End of fodder.
    Not the direction I was going Aggie.

I am taking the angle of continuing the discussion on the offense and it's woes.

I am anything but a "sky is falling" guy. I never expect to have a season with no losses.

Fodder on.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We didn't go to the no huddle once yesterday. Just thinking that the no huddle is when we normally move the football, plus it would have gotten Ben back into the groove.

All around bad game yesterday.....Reed missing field goals, Holmes dropping 4 passes which a lot would have been for first down and one hit him in the hands that would of been a TD.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal that the Federal reserve has identified Bruce Arians as the cause for the recent recession and the economy will not fully recover until some Steelers fans get their way and see him fired so they have another OC to complain about.

Get real. Players and player execution lost Sunday's game not coaches. BA doesn't kick Field Goals last time I checked nor do I think he teaches Santonio how to drop passes although some would like to believe he does.

If you get off blaming coaches serve up a plate full for LeBeau because his defense was substandard and his pass rush was poor for the second week in a row.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal that the Federal reserve has identified Bruce Arians as the cause for the recent recession and the economy will not fully recover until some Steelers fans get their way and see him fired so they have another OC to complain about.

Get real. Players and player execution lost Sunday's game not coaches. BA doesn't kick Field Goals last time I checked nor do I think he teaches Santonio how to drop passes although some would like to believe he does.

If you get off blaming coaches serve up a plate full for LeBeau because his defense was substandard and his pass rush was poor for the second week in a row.
    I have to agree ... The only time the offense stalled yesterday was due to poor execution. Receivers dropping balls, a breakdown in protection, Ben getting hit when he's throwing (sometimes holding on to the ball too long), receivers falling while running their route, Ben missing wide open receiver. I really can't fault the play calling because the plays were there. The execution was off.

One thing of note I would like to mention. I think the O lines pass protection has improved tremendously starting with the 2nd half of the titans game. Many times Ben has had all day to throw and at times has even looked uncomfortable because he didn't have to scramble. Now, if they could get more consistent in their run blocking this team will be putting a lot of points on the board.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

glad we lost to an NFC team, cutler is good, he did the same thing against us in denver during the 07 season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

I have to agree ... The only time the offense stalled yesterday was due to poor execution. Receivers dropping balls, a breakdown in protection, Ben getting hit when he's throwing (sometimes holding on to the ball too long), receivers falling while running their route, Ben missing wide open receiver. I really can't fault the play calling because the plays were there. The execution was off.

One thing of note I would like to mention. I think the O lines pass protection has improved tremendously starting with the 2nd half of the titans game. Many times Ben has had all day to throw and at times has even looked uncomfortable because he didn't have to scramble. Now, if they could get more consistent in their run blocking this team will be putting a lot of points on the board.
    You won't see a thread on a potentially improving OL because that would be something positive. Might have to give Arians credit for that but we won't. I have to say they have a ways to go to achieve the level of consistency but the last six quarters have been cause for hope.

While I think that the OL is taking some baby steps forward I have been encouraged by the apparent emphasis on short to mid-range passes. I hope it continues. As I have said before getting rid of the ball quicker will help the OL bunches.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan

When the offense is flat, the D carries it. When the D is flat, the offense should carry it.

Well?

I still think that there are systemic issues on the offense, and that falls on BA. That means it ultimately falls on Tomlin.
    Bite your tongue. STLR douche wouldn't like you saying anything negative about "our savior" Tomlin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan

Well?

Bite your tongue. STLR douche wouldn't like you saying anything negative about "our savior" Tomlin.
    Did Tomlin steal your girlfriend or something? I just don't get your anger with him.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!