Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    haha... OK, it's a blanket generalization. Just saying, most fans (kids) become fans cuz that team is 1) winning 2) always on the tube. It happened to me, it's natural. By the same token, I'm guessing there are a lot of Laker fans nationwide, cuz they were "the team" back in the day.)

That's all I meant to say.

i agree with you and it makes me upset when people like a team just because they win, or because they get alot of attention on bspn ...but if you live in wyoming or montana and you really like sports i guess you become a fan of either a team that is closest to you or a team that you like to watch...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    haha... OK, it's a blanket generalization. Just saying, most fans (kids) become fans cuz that team is 1) winning 2) always on the tube. It happened to me, it's natural. By the same token, I'm guessing there are a lot of Laker fans nationwide, cuz they were "the team" back in the day.)

That's all I meant to say.
    Well those of us who don't have WPA ties get called bandwagoners all the time so I guess we're a bit sensitive to it.

I get especially pissed when some douche who isn't even half my age calls me one. That's when I tell them I've been a Steelers fan longer than they've even been alive...cuz I'm old. Not as old as Pap, but old enough. :P