Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler Steelgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    I don't usually post on any other team's message boards, but like to read them if I have time. The only one I've been to this week is a Pats bored, because I knew they'd be in meltdown mode. it's actually more depressing than the Steelers boards I've been to, lol! Haven't dared go to the BaltimoreSun boards because I'm sure they're gloating and thrilled to be in the lead of the division.

    Still haven't watched ESPN or listened to it on the radio.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,995

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    ... I am not.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    clearly adding 2 more Super Bowls and passing SF and Dallas for total numbers of SBs helps.

    I'm far less upset from losses. We aren't going 17-0, so as long as we get to the second season and improve all season, I'm cool. But I still throw things occasionally.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    clearly adding 2 more Super Bowls and passing SF and Dallas for total numbers of SBs helps.

    I'm far less upset from losses. We aren't going 17-0, so as long as we get to the second season and improve all season, I'm cool. But I still throw things occasionally.
    Ditto

    In order:

    1. Make the play offs
    2. Win AFC North
    3. Get at least one home game

    All else is fate and luck.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,999

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    clearly adding 2 more Super Bowls and passing SF and Dallas for total numbers of SBs helps.

    I'm far less upset from losses. We aren't going 17-0, so as long as we get to the second season and improve all season, I'm cool. But I still throw things occasionally.
    Ditto

    In order:

    1. Make the play offs
    2. Win AFC North
    3. Get at least one home game

    All else is fate and luck.
    2 = 3, since you automatically get to host a playoff game if you win your division.

  6. #16

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Age and six rings has calmed me down. Plus I live in San Diego, where they are about ready to hang Norv. I just hope Troy's back for the San Diego game!

    Sort of goes like this, beat San Diego, beat AFC north, beat Pats**, make playoffs, everything else is butter!

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    clearly adding 2 more Super Bowls and passing SF and Dallas for total numbers of SBs helps.

    I'm far less upset from losses. We aren't going 17-0, so as long as we get to the second season and improve all season, I'm cool. But I still throw things occasionally.
    Ditto

    In order:

    1. Make the play offs
    2. Win AFC North
    3. Get at least one home game

    All else is fate and luck.
    2 = 3, since you automatically get to host a playoff game if you win your division.
    2=3=1.. IF YOU WIN THE DIVISION..etc..and so on

  8. #18

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    {sorry for the long post}
    Unbelievable,These posts hit too close to home. I still have not watched any TV with sports highlights this past week. I watched NY/Dallas and Miami/Colts but no highlights. I used to be worse but will always hurt after a loss like this one where we were ready to put it away in that 4th quarter. Even though I have no control on the game I am unable to watch the game with part time sports fans and choose to watch it alone. Maybe I have no life but the Steelers are a big part of it.

    {Just a generalization and this is not directed to any one individual at planetsteelers but I know you know what I mean}

    I am 39 yrs old and have been a Steeler fan since 1977. The only thing that I am seeing a lot lately by lurking on several boards and other discussion groups is we sometimes forget that another team lines up against us. We can only see the good and bad in our players and sometimes blinded by the good play of the opposition.

    Yes, any discussion board would dissolve if you were only allowed to have a positive point of view. This would not be realistic and it is great to debate and be critical in a constrictive manner. Who am I to judge what people should and should not post.

    But its getting to the point where you have to question if these are not just frustrated fans but the typical junior high school kid who bandwagons with any winner every year.

    Look at this franchise. They have put a competitive product on the field almost every year for the past decade. We may never witness a defense like we have for years to come yet I read how they were pathetic and did not show up. I am reading that Woodley is a one hit wonder and that he basically took the whole game off. Forget about the short passing attack and the elusiveness of Cutler. Because we gave up over 200 yards passing and made some untimely penelties on those long drives we now have a defense that sucks.

    Last years superbowl chat transcript is the best example of what I mean. Arizona was the real deal but instead there were all these comments how the defense sucks.

    The Steeler Nation is something special but you have to wonder what portion of those pretenders would drop off if we went 2-14. I know I will still be wearing #95 proud but how many of these phonies would be purging themselves away. Maybe a year like that would at least leave us with the true Nation.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    The Steeler Nation is something special but you have to wonder what portion of those pretenders would drop off if we went 2-14. I know I will still be wearing #95 proud but how many of these phonies would be purging themselves away. Maybe a year like that would at least leave us with the true Nation.
    I also stuck through the Mark Malone, Mike Merriweather, Keith Wilis, Louis Lipps days of the (mediocre) 1980's. And truth be told, what's happening now is what happened when we were young bucks: just building another generation of young Steeler fans (you & I from the 70's teams). Kids gravitate toward the winners.

    Here's how you can identify a potential bandwagon fan: any fan (without connections to the Western PA area) in his/her later 20's. They would be the kids who would've saw those 80's teams.

    And while we loved those folk-hero type ham & eggers we had playing on our squad like Frank Pollard or Gregg Carr, no little kid (not from Western PA) would choose to be a fan of ours... (more like the 49ers.) In a way, a bit nostalgic for those days in the 80's, when everyone and their mother weren't Steeler fans. But it's all good; anyone who knows ME knows I ain't no Johnny come lately.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: I'm handling losses better than I use to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    The Steeler Nation is something special but you have to wonder what portion of those pretenders would drop off if we went 2-14. I know I will still be wearing #95 proud but how many of these phonies would be purging themselves away. Maybe a year like that would at least leave us with the true Nation.
    I also stuck through the Mark Malone, Mike Merriweather, Keith Wilis, Louis Lipps days of the (mediocre) 1980's. And truth be told, what's happening now is what happened when we were young bucks: just building another generation of young Steeler fans (you & I from the 70's teams). Kids gravitate toward the winners.

    Here's how you can identify a potential bandwagon fan: any fan (without connections to the Western PA area) in his/her later 20's. They would be the kids who would've saw those 80's teams.

    And while we loved those folk-hero type ham & eggers we had playing on our squad like Frank Pollard or Gregg Carr, no little kid (not from Western PA) would choose to be a fan of ours... (more like the 49ers.) In a way, a bit nostalgic for those days in the 80's, when everyone and their mother weren't Steeler fans. But it's all good; anyone who knows ME knows I ain't no Johnny come lately.
    Pretty big generalization there. I became a fan at the age of 5 in 1972...in SoCal. Just because I liked the logo. Who's to say that hasn't happened for someone else as well?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •