Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this Wildcat

Re: this Wildcat

If we run the wildcat it means that Ben either leaves the field or lines up at WR. Is that really what we want to do on O?

Pro Bowler

the wilcat works, but like just mentioned, why would we run it when we have a Hall of Fame qb..........

If we ran it, I would rather he left the field altogether. Not worth the risk of injury. And have Dixon run it. At least there is the threat of a pass in that situation.

That Wildcat looks a lot like plain and simple option football.

When will we see the wishbone?

Personally, I think with our fast defense, we handle the wildcat just fine.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

okay, time for my dumb question of the day.....

why is it called the wildcat???? was a college team that first adapted this named the wildcats....

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    If we run the wildcat it means that Ben either leaves the field or lines up at WR. Is that really what we want to do on O?
    Ben was a WR in high school until his senior year because the coach wanted his son to be QB. If Dixon were Tomlin's son, then I would be worried.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Like the Run and Shoot, this gimmick offense will also pass.
    *You see the way that kid Brown on the Colts just finished that TD run; man, I wish we had that!

Getting back to the Wildcat: I agree, in a sense that you can't just have any fast chump at (Wildcat) QB. That's the point of my post: Brown makes this scheme go, cuz of his inside running ability.

If, for example, Arians wanted to stick Dixon at Wildcat... well, Dixon could throw the ball much better than a Ronnie Brown could, true. But that inside run/dive play that Brown's running so much tonight would not even be a part of the playbook. Therefore, the D would be spread out as normal--thus negating the Ricky Wiliams wide run as well. So, in that sense, you are right.

But if you got a guy like Brown (i.e. Tebow) who can pound it inside, it makes the D have to respect that aspect in addition for accounting for the Rick Wiliams option. Look, I'm not saying it's gonna revolutionize offensive football. Just giving props to Brown, and throwing the Tebow thing out there.

And it doesn't hurt that they are facing the Colt defense (sans Bob Sanders too).

We do have that with Mendenhall he just needs to get the carries and as for a previous comment we have a guy that can run and throw if Arians chooses to run the wildcat in Dixon. The steelers won't run the wildcat tho.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    the wilcat works, but like just mentioned, why would we run it when we have a Hall of Fame qb..........
    That is very true.

2) I too, think he handle Miami's Wildcat better than most.

3) As much as anything else, I think I started the thread to ignite a little pro-Tebow mindset. I don't necessarily buy into his "Angel" image (i.e. I can't imagine how someone that age could eschew unlimited Florida-fed ).

But he is definitely an NFL caliber athlete. Add to it his (QB) experience. AND maybe most importantly, his Joey Porter/Ray Lewis like motor & intensity--that's an underrated quality IMO.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.