Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More fodder for the discussion fire

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: More fodder for the discussion fire

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis
    Just curious...how many current head coaches in this league would you prefer to Tomlin?
    Hahaha everyone here knows the answer to that!

Here's a hint: His name rhymes with Shenn Shizzenhunt
    Is he the one who got outcoached by Mike Singletary in Week 1 and Mike Tomlin in the Super Bowl?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis
    Just curious...how many current head coaches in this league would you prefer to Tomlin?
    Hahaha everyone here knows the answer to that!

Here's a hint: His name rhymes with Shenn Shizzenhunt
    We all knew that one. But how many others? My guess...Shizzenhunt plus 25 other guys over Tomlin.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    This O is still killing me.

When the offense is flat, the D carries it. When the D is flat, the offense should carry it.

Well?

I still think that there are systemic issues on the offense, and that falls on BA. That means it ultimately falls on Tomlin.
    Bite your tongue. STLR douche wouldn't like you saying anything negative about "our savior" Tomlin.
    Did Tomlin steal your girlfriend or something? I just don't get your anger with him.
    Not angry. I just don't see everyone's fascination with him. He's not even 3 years into the head coaching job and everyone is ready to lock him up for the next 20 years.

Does he need to be told to fix the offensive line and fire the offensive coordinator? Wait until Lebeau retires and he employs the Tampa 2 in Pittsburgh. That will be the beggining of the end for Steeler defensive football as we know it.

We will forever be an 8-8 team under Tomlin. Thank you Lebeau for keeping us competitive.
    maybe its because he won a sb in year two? the o-line so far this season looks much improved. steeler defensive football? so far this season with the same 3-4 zone blitz scheme kerry collins and cutler have torn our defense apart. im not blaming le beau by any means but your statements about tomlin are not too acurate. believe me if the steelers were not a successfull team under tomlin there would be a ton of people who share your opinion about tomlin
    Collins and Cutler tore us up? 480 yards passing between the both of them and 140 yards rushing in two games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, sorry. I'll save the rational conversations to the guys at the bar.

I just figured you all knew I am a huge Tomlin fan, believe in this team in this season, and want the best for us. Didn't know that some of you can't talk about something like this.

Everything is great, here. Rah Rah.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Not much fodder really. On a rainy day, the D should have an easier job than the O.
    They lost, blame it on Tomlin if you like, but also give him his Super Bowl Championship in his second year. The team is doing OK. We aren't designed to go 19-0. Noone is. Its the NFL.
    End of fodder.
    I disagree.. with rain the D has a harder time reacting to players cuts..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not angry. I just don't see everyone's fascination with him. He's not even 3 years into the head coaching job and everyone is ready to lock him up for the next 20 years.

Does he need to be told to fix the offensive line and fire the offensive coordinator? Wait until Lebeau retires and he employs the Tampa 2 in Pittsburgh. That will be the beggining of the end for Steeler defensive football as we know it.

We will forever be an 8-8 team under Tomlin. Thank you Lebeau for keeping us competitive.
    oh boy.... once again we hear the "just wait until" speech... I know the SB hurt like hell...
    gonna be a loooong year for you buddy.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i really like what singleterry is doing in SF, He has made a good offense out of not much and that defense is tough from what i have seen, they dont really have anything special other than willis on defense and gore on offense, they have been good since he has been there...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Feltdizz, I hear what you are saying about player cuts, but the ball is harder to throw, cuts are harder to make (as evidence of our players falling on O) and the ball squirts out easier making it harder to sustain drives.
    So I get your point on the occasional play by the O when a D guy slips, but it takes 8 plays +/- to get down field, more chances for a bad play and putting the O in 3rd and long.

As for DJ, your efforts to open broad debate wasn't needed to much. We have like 10 topic discussions on Tomlin, the OL, Troy's loss, etc. You want to open a debate about all that's wrong in 1 thread. Just doesn't work as easy. Yes, there are issues with the 2009-2010 Steelers and there were issues last year too and we won.

Every team has issues and they aren't typically things to wave a wand at. We needed good OL in the draft...well we picked 32nd. There were no guarantee tackles in the draft. It was good that the team at least kept status quo on the OL and got someone they really valued on the DL to help replace those guys in the next couple years. You can't get a guarantee T in the draft unless you pick top 10. There were like 5 OT picked before we got to, so you are talking about 2nd tier Ts at that point.
    We can't run out and buy a top LT either. We held what we had and hope another year of development and chemistry brings them up a notch.
    We can't have the best player at all 22 spots. If X player is so great, he has to raise the other players level a bit. Ben and a few others do that on O, Troy and James on D. Etc.

But if you want a full discussion, pick a smaller subject to bang on. We aren't perfect, but which team is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    As for DJ, your efforts to open broad debate wasn't needed to much. We have like 10 topic discussions on Tomlin, the OL, Troy's loss, etc. You want to open a debate about all that's wrong in 1 thread. Just doesn't work as easy. Yes, there are issues with the 2009-2010 Steelers and there were issues last year too and we won.

Every team has issues and they aren't typically things to wave a wand at. We needed good OL in the draft...well we picked 32nd. There were no guarantee tackles in the draft. It was good that the team at least kept status quo on the OL and got someone they really valued on the DL to help replace those guys in the next couple years. You can't get a guarantee T in the draft unless you pick top 10. There were like 5 OT picked before we got to, so you are talking about 2nd tier Ts at that point.
    We can't run out and buy a top LT either. We held what we had and hope another year of development and chemistry brings them up a notch.
    We can't have the best player at all 22 spots. If X player is so great, he has to raise the other players level a bit. Ben and a few others do that on O, Troy and James on D. Etc.

But if you want a full discussion, pick a smaller subject to bang on. We aren't perfect, but which team is.
    The small subject is/was the offense not having the chemistry or whatever to get it done. I don't see the improvement, and that falls to Tomlin before too long.

This is a legit discussion. It's not anti Tomlin. The other threads were not covering that to my satisfaction, so I started this one. Some of the responses sounded rather Trib-ish to me.

But thanks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal that the Federal reserve has identified Bruce Arians as the cause for the recent recession and the economy will not fully recover until some Steelers fans get their way and see him fired so they have another OC to complain about.

Get real. Players and player execution lost Sunday's game not coaches. BA doesn't kick Field Goals last time I checked nor do I think he teaches Santonio how to drop passes although some would like to believe he does.

If you get off blaming coaches serve up a plate full for LeBeau because his defense was substandard and his pass rush was poor for the second week in a row.
    You have to admit it was stupid to not go no huddle the entire day when that is pretty much the only way we move the ball on a consistent basis.
    @_Hellgrammite