Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More fodder for the discussion fire

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: More fodder for the discussion fire

Did anyone else notice that the rain was POURING when we had the ball but that the rain quit when THEY had the ball. Slippery balls get dropped. Wind throws off throws. and kicks. The field was wet and in bad shape; we are used to our own but not theirs. It's hard to see in the rain. We got our 1 bad game out of the way early.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    This O is still killing me.

When the offense is flat, the D carries it. When the D is flat, the offense should carry it.

Well?

I still think that there are systemic issues on the offense, and that falls on BA. That means it ultimately falls on Tomlin.
    Bite your tongue. STLR douche wouldn't like you saying anything negative about "our savior" Tomlin.
    Did Tomlin steal your girlfriend or something? I just don't get your anger with him.
    Only one Super Bowl in two seasons.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

When the offense is flat, the D carries it. When the D is flat, the offense should carry it.

Well?

I still think that there are systemic issues on the offense, and that falls on BA. That means it ultimately falls on Tomlin.
    Bite your tongue. STLR douche wouldn't like you saying anything negative about "our savior" Tomlin.
    Did Tomlin steal your girlfriend or something? I just don't get your anger with him.
    Yeah, he should have had at least three Super Bowl victories in those two seasons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    We didn't go to the no huddle once yesterday. Just thinking that the no huddle is when we normally move the football, plus it would have gotten Ben back into the groove.
    Our D seemed gassed in the 2nd half. IMO, going no huddle would have made it worse by putting them back on the field sooner. I don't know....it was a confusing game all together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

Well?

Yeah, he should have had at least three Super Bowl victories in those two seasons.
    Cowher slobbers for almost 15 years before he wins a Super Bowl and he is a God. Tomlin wins one in his second year, has more wins in his first two years than any coach in Steelers history and he is an "overpaid janitor." Pretty easy to see where some are really coming from.

"My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

LasVegasGuy

Well?

Not angry. I just don't see everyone's fascination with him. He's not even 3 years into the head coaching job and everyone is ready to lock him up for the next 20 years.

Does he need to be told to fix the offensive line and fire the offensive coordinator? Wait until Lebeau retires and he employs the Tampa 2 in Pittsburgh. That will be the beggining of the end for Steeler defensive football as we know it.

We will forever be an 8-8 team under Tomlin. Thank you Lebeau for keeping us competitive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well?

Not angry. I just don't see everyone's fascination with him. He's not even 3 years into the head coaching job and everyone is ready to lock him up for the next 20 years.
    So your position is you don't like the fact that others like him so you have to dislike him to balance it out. That seems to be a viewpoint.

Maybe people feel he has done a good job in those 2 years and feel he will only get better. By the way, the 'he will get better' part are how Tomlin feels about his coaching. He acknowledges he makes mistakes and takes responsibility for them. His whole philosophy from the start is if he wants his players to be accountable then the coaches also have to be accountable. That's one of the things I like best about him.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well?

Does he need to be told to fix the offensive line and fire the offensive coordinator? Wait until Lebeau retires and he employs the Tampa 2 in Pittsburgh. That will be the beggining of the end for Steeler defensive football as we know it.

We will forever be an 8-8 team under Tomlin. Thank you Lebeau for keeping us competitive.
    maybe its because he won a sb in year two? the o-line so far this season looks much improved. steeler defensive football? so far this season with the same 3-4 zone blitz scheme kerry collins and cutler have torn our defense apart. im not blaming le beau by any means but your statements about tomlin are not too acurate. believe me if the steelers were not a successfull team under tomlin there would be a ton of people who share your opinion about tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Well?

Just curious...how many current head coaches in this league would you prefer to Tomlin?

AFC East
    Jauron (Buffalo Bills)
    Sparano (Miami Dolphins)
    Belichick (New England Patriots)
    Ryan (New York Jets)

NFC East
    Phillips (Dallas Cowboys)
    Coughlin (New York Giants)
    Reid (Philadelphia Eagles)
    Zorn (Washington Redskins)

AFC North
    Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens)
    Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
    Mangini (Cleveland Browns)

NFC North
    L. Smith (Chicago Bears)
    Schwartz (Detroit Lions)
    McCarthy (Green Bay Packers)
    Childress (Minnesota Vikings)

AFC South
    Kubiak (Houston Texans)
    Caldwell (Indianapolis Colts)
    Del Rio (Jacksonville Jaguars)
    Fisher (Tennessee Titans)

NFC South
    M. Smith (Atlanta Falcons)
    Fox (Carolina Panthers)
    Payton (New Orleans Saints)
    Morris (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

AFC West
    McDaniels (Denver Broncos)
    Haley (Kansas City Chiefs)
    Cable (Oakland Raiders)
    Turner (San Diego Chargers)

NFC West
    Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
    Spagnuolo (St. Louis Rams)
    Singletary (San Francisco 49ers)
    Mora (Seattle Seahawks)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Just curious...how many current head coaches in this league would you prefer to Tomlin?
    Hahaha everyone here knows the answer to that!

Here's a hint: His name rhymes with Shenn Shizzenhunt